How Do You Respond To: "Where Else Will We Go"?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Geez, that's a hot avatar. Every time I see it, it drives me nutz. Keep posting man, so I can see it a little more.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I stopped believing that when I realised that I had to go everywhere; I had to see and learn so many new things. And I could start pretty much anywhere and still feel safe.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

• Gayle in Phoenix
    Gayle in Phoenix

One of my dear friends, an ex-JW responded to her family, "I don't know where I'm going but I know where I've been."

The organization "locked" up our windows and doors of our hearts and minds so that can seem like such a heavy question then. Of course, with all the "tacking" and "zig-zagging" of the organization, they're just "wandering" in this life and truly it doesn't know where it's going for sure. We can "steer" our own life "one day at a time." To go through this life waiting with the organizational attitude that it's just no good so God just bring on the better "la-la" life "soon" is such a negative, sad waste.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I have used this line of reasoning very effectively:

If I know for certain that one source of water is poisoned and is damaging me, do I have to find another source before I stop drinking from the poisoned source? What if I see other people drinking from the poisoned source? Do I have to know where clean water is before I encourage them to stop drinking and try to prove to them that the water is poisoned?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• TopHat
    TopHat
    First, are you leaving God and/or Jesus when you leave the WTS?

Blondie, many dubs believe just that....and are afiaid they will miss out on life in the Paradise because they will be turning their backs on God and Jesus. (Brainwashing to the max)

• blondie
    blondie

Tophat, that was meant to be a rhetorical question that JWs should ask themselves when they see serious flaws in the WTS. Does leaving a flawed organization mean you are leaving God. I had to ask myself that question just 5 years ago. Would God have anything to do with a organization that lies and misrepresents itself? It takes courage to take personal responsibility for a relationship with God realizing that the only channel is Jesus Christ not humans (of course everyone makes their own spiritual choices).

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Gayle in Phoenix!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Anywhere, when the building you're in is on fire.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    I had to ask myself that question just 5 years ago. Would God have anything to do with a organization that lies and misrepresents itself? It takes courage to take personal responsibility for a relationship with God realizing that the only channel is Jesus Christ not humans (of course everyone makes their own spiritual choices).

Blondie, So, True true true......Excatly why I left the WTS. I didn't feel God was with the WTS...OR any religious organization...However I do understand why people have that need to belong to an organization. They feel secure there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit