How Do You Respond To: "Where Else Will We Go"?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When scared JWs even THINK about leaving the Organization, they often wonder where they'll go to instead.......Any responses??

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am still "in" minimus - so I use that expression myself so the elders think I am a good boy. Theocratic Warfare Strategy

• minimus
    minimus

You are a tricky one, Stilla. But what about someone who believes that if they go---they're screwed somehow?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That thought kept me from doing something about the nagging doubts I was having for a while, or I'd have probably left sooner than I did. I might have stayed even longer but for a few words of wisdom from another ex jw. I asked that question, and he said "Just concentrate on leaving for now, you can decide where you want to go later"

I think that's the key really. Until you have made the leap and walked away from the wts bullshit, it's kind of difficult to make plans for outside the org. I sometimes wonder if that keeps others in, even when they know it's not true.

• blondie
    blondie

I think if someone is thinking of leaving they should look at information for abused wives and how to leave and adapt that information. The psychology is very similar re abusive situations.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, do you care to expound a bit?

• Scully
    Scully

My answer is always this: "Anywhere you want!! There won't be any rules to tell you how to dress, wear your hair, what kind of car you drive, whether you can get an education if you want one, who you should marry, whether you can speak to or associate with other people.... you get to make those choices for yourself, you don't get to hide behind the WTS's skirt anymore and claim that Motherâ„¢ is making you do this or that. You get to make decisions and be responsible and accountable for them!! What a novel concept!"

• minimus
    minimus

Scully, what you say makes perfect sense........but remember that most JWs are of a cult mentality. How does one get thru that???

• KW13
    KW13

Apart from "anywhere, just not here"...

Well, i think you've got to approach it biblically for JW's, because everything they've ever been taught has been justified by the bible. I'm not saying if its right or wrong, but if you can prove a solid argument explaining that God doesn't need an organization and he certainly hasn't chosen one, then it takes away the 'need' to have somewhere to go.

The problem after that with any dub, is the sudden empty schedule - they should get some friends, hobbies e.t.c and see the world without tinted glasses on. After that, an ex-cult member OR even an ex-jw support group with advice, councelling e.t.c

• minimus
    minimus

Speaking of the Bible, the disciples were talking about Jesus...."Who else has sayings of everlasting life?" As usual the Watchtower perverts Christ's words and applies it to the "Organization".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit