Men, women and toilet seat etiquette

by Gregor 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I never really got it, I'm definately not a germ freak, so up or down makes no difference to me. I never piss without the seat being up, even though I'm a good shot( I can even write my name in the snow).

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I'm glad to see that so many other chaps are equally annoyed about this as I!

With the last girlfriend she continually nagged me to "put the seat down you lazy git!"... I must confess it took me a while to get into the routine, but I got there in the end. You know just to keep her happy. But as usual there's no pleasing her, I simply just couldn't win. She then went on to complain the seat was covered in piss.

I dunno, no pleasing some people.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

but there's no way I can save the cowboy

ROTFLM#O

That is good, I've never heard that one before. Thanks. I really needed that.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Obviously women don't check the seat before sitting down. Maybe, in addition to leaving the seat up we men should stop flushing the toilets as well.

W

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Ahhhhemmm...! A real gentleman raises the seat, so, his honey doesn't soil her loverly bottom with pee droplets...

A real lady would say, "Why thank you...you big hunka-hunda burnin' love example of a man ! And in return, I'll put it back up for you when I'm thru, as appreciation for you lifting it and for all the doors you open and close for me !"

Yep. That's what my wife says every single day.

Er, it's not like you have to like ask her or anything...I - I'm telling ya' straight...really !

Rabbit

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

If you are too stupid to not look before you sit, then you deserve the rim.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

that's why the guys should use the outhouse or the great outdoors! hahaha

Remember, if mom ain't happy--NO one else is!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    A real gentleman raises the seat, so, his honey doesn't soil her loverly bottom with pee droplets...

Exactly right!

My bf use to leave it up when I first moved in, but he lowers it most of the time now, thanks to a bit of coaxing from me.

• restrangled
    restrangled

OK, I feel like an expert consultant in this field due to the fact that I live with 3 men. I am the lone female.

Here are the problems:

No matter how hard guys try "The flow stream" tends to wander all over the place. So when you lift the lid you at least spare the spattering on the seat.

If you leave the lid up, and a girl doesn't look, (like in the dark at night) we wind up hitting the water which is shocking and sometimes painful. Similar to backing up out of your driveway, you generally assume no one is behind you..... same for girls when they come into a bathroom. We just assume the seat is down if we have other things on our minds etc. or like stated, we are in the dark.

Also, I close the top lid when I flush as the germs do spray into the air no matter who has used it. This is an established fact, so:

The most sanitary thing for all is to just close all lids before flushing which solves most probs.

I don't know as a girl that I would leave residue. I always have a package of disenfectant wipes to wipe down the toilet when I or anyone else leaves.

I do have to say, that I have cleaned and disenfected more grout, toilets, lids, and walls etc., than I care to remember due to men.........in my own house, not women! It would be great if all you guys just SAT DOWN! What's the big deal with standing is my question?

r.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

How about this agreement. Now you both can have your own way.

I promised my wife that I would always leave the seat down for her IF

She would always leave it up for me!

Sounds good to me.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit