Men, women and toilet seat etiquette

by Gregor 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gregor
    Gregor

I've never quite understood the big deal about men leaving the toilet seat up but since I hear so much about it I try to comply.

I do have a pet peeve. Sometimes when I lift the seat there are obvious signs on the underside that a female has used it and not bothered to 'tidy up'. I never hear this broach of etiqette mentioned. Yecch, makes me sorry I touched the damn thing at all and I sure don't feel like touching it again to put it down.

• Twitch
    Twitch

:-)

• lowden
    lowden

Gregor

We have to lift it up to pee...right?

So women can put it DOWN to pee too.

It's not that hard to do girls.

Peace

Lowden

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What I don't understand is that you will NEVER hear a man complain that the last woman to use the toilet left the seat down, so HE had the bother of lifting it.

Yet for women, finding a seat UP is a MAJOR issue, like 607bc v. 587bc, or the NGO.

Don't women look before they park their ass on a toilet seat?

HB

• damselfly
    damselfly

Yes, we could just lift the seat but um......that's gross. If men would just learn to aim a little better then you wouldn't have to lift the seat at all. ;)

Dams

• Gregor
    Gregor

Damselfly! Yeah, nobody likes to handle the seat, so it becomes the mans job? You didn't address my peeve. I am sure it doesn't apply to you but what do you think ?

P.S. I'll bet a lot of women are not even aware of this situation because they never see the underside of the seat thanks to us courteous (p. whipped) menfolk.

• karen96
    karen96

I sympathize with your peeve. If you are aware of the messy problem, the party responsible should clean it up.

Also, there shouldn't be any question about the seat being up or down. The lid should be down when the toliet is not in use. Problem solved.

Karen

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Solution for men - just pee in the sink. Then you never have to touch the seat, and the women never have to open their eyes before sitting down.

Problem solved.

W

• vitty
    vitty

I just think it looks untidy with the seat up--------------------

and what can you do with those dirty bitches...............you wouldnt want to Clean the seat like we have to would you..............

• Gregor
    Gregor

We had a neighbor once who left the seat up during the night and when his hefty wife sat down later she got stuck. He tried everything but finally had to call a plumber. Just before the plumber came into the bathroom the hubby grabbed a cowboy hat for his wife to cover her crotch. The plumber studied the situation for a moment and then told them "I can get her unstuck but there's no way I can save the cowboy".

(I love to recycle old jokes)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit