Men, women and toilet seat etiquette

by Gregor 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    f you flush with the lid up, a polluted plume of bacteria and water vapour erupts out of the flushing toilet bowl. The polluted water particles float for a few hours around your bathroom before they all land. Some of them will land on your tooth brush.

I'm sorry, but I think if this was a real problem, most people would be sick all the time. I have known many immacualate housekeepers who did not insist people close the lid before flushing. 99.5% of the homes I have visited through out my life had bathrooms with open lids. Even the homes with those fancy seat and tank cover sets, you know, the ones with matching bath mat and toilet hugger rug, they kept the lids up. Personally, I always thought those lid covers were nasty anyway: just something else for the boys to pee on. My very posh, very immaculately clean grandmother never kept the lids down in her house.

And on the subject of lid-down-while-you-flush paranoia, ever notice that hospitals and doctors offices have no lids on their public toilets? That should tell you something about their concern about polluted plumes of bacteria and water. Obviously the risk is not big enough to be concerned. Probably the auther of the above article is one of those people that uses a tissue to cover door knobs and washes his/her hands 300 times a day.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Maybe hospitals and drs offices should be more concerned! It doesn't say anything about the toilets, but it was stated in the above article that most bathrooms get cleaned with a disinfectant more than any other area of the home...probably the same in hospitals. Plus you don't usually keep your toothbrush in the toilet area in the hospital. I keep my toothbrush in a cover anyway!

I've had two friends almost die by going to the hospital and getting a staff infection there!

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/07/22/gupta.germs.hiv.otsc/index.html

(CNN) -- Germs in hospitals kill more Americans every year than car accidents, fires and drownings combined, the Chicago Tribune reports.

In a special investigation, the newspaper found that in 2000 nearly three-quarters of these deadly infections -- or about 75,000 -- were preventable. Strict adherence to clean-hand policies alone could save 20,000 lives, according to the federal government.

Swalker

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

Whats the etiquette regarding having a wee in the shower? Im against it but plenty of blokes do it!

I remember going to watch the cricket one year, and a few of my mates (I would never do something like this) took catheters with them. Theyre the type that fit like a condom with a tube and bag attached to the end. They sat there with the bags hanging down their legs, it prevented us them, having to get up and line up for the toilet every half an hour from drinking way too much beer!

Unrelated story but reading about this topic reminded me of it!

• SWALKER
  • Gill
    Gill

Right kids! Pay attention here. There's a reason why the toilet has a lid. USE IT! When you've finished - LID DOWN.

Girls and Boys, always leave the toilet CLEAN! NO nasty bits left behind and no smells. USE THE SPRAY!

Didn't ya mudders teach ya nuttin'!!!!!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Mr Frass doesn't like the lid to be up (messy and unhygienic when it flushes), so we both put down both the seat and the lid.

• okie46
    okie46
    I remember going to watch the cricket one year, and a few of my mates (I would never do something like this) took catheters with them. Theyre the type that fit like a condom with a tube and bag attached to the end. They sat there with the bags hanging down their legs, it prevented us them, having to get up and line up for the toilet every half an hour from drinking way too much beer!I

Chuckie77, I have always wondered how astronauts pee while in space... also Formula 1 race car drivers.. what do they do if they have to pee during a race??? Maybe they use those bag things too.

• chuckie77
    chuckie77
    I remember going to watch the cricket one year, and a ;few of my mates (I would never do something like this) took catheters with them. Theyre the type that fit like a condom with a tube and bag attached to the end. They sat there with the bags hanging down their legs, ;it prevented us them, having to get up and line up for the toilet every half an hour ;from drinking way too much beer!I

Chuckie77, I have always wondered how astronauts pee while in space... also Formula 1 race car drivers.. what do they do if they have to pee during a race

Okie,

I know formula 1 drivers use the cath bags, and Ive been told the way astronauts go as well but I cant remember now... If I remember I'll let you know! I love toilet talk!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

At our house it's a moot point because we have to remember to put the lid down so Moose the basset hound doesn't take a drink. So EVERYBODY, whether male or female, has to lift something and put something down.

Nina

• agapa37
    agapa37

I personally have found a way around the whole thing. Whenever I pee I just sit down. Maybe it is because im lazy but regardless the toilet seat problem does not exist in my house

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit