Men, women and toilet seat etiquette

by Gregor 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    If you flush with the lid up, a polluted plume of bacteria and water vapour erupts out of the flushing toilet bowl. The polluted water particles float for a few hours around your bathroom before they all land. Some of them will land on your tooth brush.

Mythbusters did an episode on this, and guesswhat?

Myth busted!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Toilet Seat UP!!..Nothing worse than a hand full of piss,because the last woman to use it,pissed all over the bottom of it...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
  • okie46
    okie46
    I love toilet talk!

Hey Chuckie so do I, we could start a radio call in show and call it "Toilet Talk", thanks for the info on Formula 1 drivers, don't know why I always wonder about weird stuff like that but I do.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    (CNN) -- Germs in hospitals kill more Americans every year than car accidents, fires and drownings combined, the Chicago Tribune reports.

In a special investigation, the newspaper found that in 2000 nearly three-quarters of these deadly infections -- or about 75,000 -- were preventable. Strict adherence to clean-hand policies alone could save 20,000 lives, according to the federal government.

These infections you're speaking of come from hospital workers who do not wash their hands before and after treating patients. They are not speaking of airborn germs. If airborn germs are the problem, then all hospital staff and visitors would be required to wear masks while inside the hospital. The only time this happens is if a patient has a compromised immune system, or is placed in isolation due to an infectious disease such as hepatitis.

The toilet water mist idea is paranoia from people who are afraid of germs. Not all germs are going to make you sick. If this was the case, you'd have to live in a plastic bubble like John did Travolta in the Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

Relax, we have enough real and serious problems to face in life withouth burdening ourselves needlessly with anxiety over things that will not hurt us.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Right kids! Pay attention here. There's a reason why the toilet has a lid. USE IT!

This is a matter of personal preference. And not all toilets have lids. Wonder why that is...maybe lids are not for the reason you think.

My daughter kept her lids closed to keep her two cats out of the toilet. In a public restroom, cats and bassets aren't usually going to be a problem, thus, lots of them don't have lids. I like to put the lid down if I want to sit there and talk to someone who is taking a bath. The lid keeps me from forgetting where I am and falling in.

I find paranoia over germs both amusing and bewildering. I understand it's a form of obsessive compulsive disorder. Howie Mandel suffers with the affliction and it makes his life miserable.

Now, I am careful with germs in the kitchen. If you prepare raw meat on the counter, disinfect the counter afterwards. Don't use the same knife you cut meat with to cut up your salad, etc.

Open toilet lids on a clean toilet, not an issue at my house. My preference. No reason for anyone to be ashamed if they prefer their toilet lids open and don't insist they be closed for each flush. Be accurate with biology so you don't create paranoia in yourself and others. Unless someone at your house has a terrible communicable disease that lives in the GI tract, you're probably safe using normal cleaning and handwashing procedures and flushing with the seat up. If it gives you peace of mind to leave it closed, by all means, leave it closed.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Actually, IMO toilets are unsafe, period! Check this out:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=40891

Swalker (and you were worried about snakes on a plane!)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Some women hover over the public toilet seat to pee. They are afraid to sit on the seat. They pee all over the seat and some of them don't bother to clean up after themselves. Apparently cleanliness is only important for them and not the next person to use that particular toilet seat. No matter what the gender, it's damned annoying when people old enough to know better pee all over the seat and don't clean up.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I really don't have a phobia about toilets, just some experiences from a long life using them:

When one of my sons was 2, I had dressed him for the Sunday meeting at the KH, in a suit, tie, and brand new shoes. As I was getting dressed, he wandered into the bathroom and was jumping up and down in the toilet, splashing and having a wonderful time ruining his new shoes!!! YUK!!! (I kept the lid closed after that!)

Of course, living with guys...they would occasionally forget, and I would get up during the night and not always turn on the light and get a very cold A$$ splash! Whew! That would wake you right up! I admit to be a little grumpy over that the next morning!!!

For the most part the guys in my house usually put the lid down and always did without my fussing or complaining. I guess they like it that way too....(or they didn't like the dog drinking out of it and then coming right over licking them???)

Swalker

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    If men would just learn to aim a little better then you wouldn't have to lift the seat at all. ;)

Damsel, Damsel. There is no such thing as a 'perfect pee stream' . Plus ya' got dribbles and the final shake. No ya' don't want us to leave the darn thing down during the action. The results would be worse far than the need to drop the seat before you go. Trust me on that.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit