Is this another made up WTBTS experience?

by Gill 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Moomin
    Moomin

lol Luna2 - I might be incorrect though I usually read things in the wrong tone. :)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Gill:

I wonder if that story with the "2 men next to the sister" is a variation of another urban JW legend. When I was new, I was told a similar story but the variation was that it was of a man and he was going down the block where a bully always came after him but the bully saw him with the "2 men" and left him alone, etc.

I guess these "2 men" are supposed to be angels. Do you think they help non-JWs and ex-JWs??

LHG

• TopHat
    TopHat
    What troubles me about this article, apart from the obvious BS, is that JWs are being encouraged to put themselves into dangerous situations by the WTBTS. I can't remember the exact case, but I remember a family in the US who were murdered after the father decided to 'incidental witness' to a group of Goths. They were shot and run over.

The story about the family "incidental witness" is on this web site somewhere....It was so odd that on the same day I read the story here....I was appoched by a couple in the parking lot after gorcery shopping...They popped up out of no where beside my car and ask for gas money because their car was out of fuel. Scared me, and I locked the doors but gave them $2 thur a crack in the window. You never know if they are panhandlers or not but for the Grace of God go I.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OF COURSE IT IS!!

Of all the Rinky Dinky experiences I ever heard at ASSemblies, whenever it was somebody I knew, it was a pack of LIES.

I bet all the little boys from the congregation quoted Watchtowers and scriptures to the elders and MS who were pushing their genitals in their faces. Where was this impersonal holy spirit then? Why were they then threatened unless they kept silent.

On Silentlambs.org I read of a 13 year old girl who was molested by a MS, who denied it. Since there were not "Two Witnesses" he was let off. She was DF for confessing to a sex act outside of marriage!!!!

The WTBTS claims experiences such as this are made up to discredit them.

However they quoted at an ASSembly that an Australian study had found JWs to be more imaginative than the average student. Go figure.

HB

HB

• Quentin
    Quentin

Edit because I'm too quick on the finger...sheesh... Old story different setting...one I heard years ago were to jw being mugged...got to keep up with the times...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I cast my vote for this story beeing complete bull crap. A story like this should have made it into a newspaper somewhere - but no. Just like most JW urban legends - carried by their own personal grapevine - but nowhere else. I wonder why...............?

• Sheri
    Sheri

I am sure many remember a particular brother or sister who you observed out in service, but when it came to the assembly or their need to share the experience during meetings, they told "their experience" much differently from what had actually happened.

I remember one pioneer sister who was famous for this and I am sure she is still in their midst doing it today. But everyone clapped and some smiled (some looked at eachother), but nothing was ever said to her about her stories. I know that there were elders who raised their eyebrows but as long as they counted her as a pioneer she was given free reign to buildup the congregation, whether they wanted it or not. I did once question her story, since I had been there during one of her experiences, she just ignored me as if I had not questioned her and walked away, sharing her love (and products) with the congregation.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• Gill
    Gill

LongHairGirl - Yes, I think the two blokes are meant to be angels. But I've got a theory that these angels only work part time and that's why they're not able to 'save' EVERYONE from nasty events! And how come there's always only two men in black!?

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I've been in a carjacking before and there is no way. It's not like that. That is a story told by someone who's never been carjacked before. There is no dumb smalltalk, trust me. Those guys arent worried about being identified? They went through all of that trouble to be derailed by a (VERY strange to them) religion?

no

• elatwra
    elatwra

The story of the lady and the two angel dudes, I have heard around christian (non j-dub) circles, except the lady is a missionary in some foreign country. I wonder where it originated...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit