Is this another made up WTBTS experience?

by Gill 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Endorphins??

Your kidding me? Its got to be holy spirit. No other explanation.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Sorry Katie, of course - I don't know WHAT I was thinking.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

"That family slaughter was a shocking story. The WTBTS must bear some responsibility for what happened to them."

Yes it was shocking. However the people responsible for the muders were caught and convicted. People are responsible for their own actions. To try to blame others is foolish.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

"sister and two men 'angels'" story and "the kidnapper stealing a bible story book"

As a matter of fact, ask any fundamentalist you can find, I guarantee you, they tell these stories too.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh I just remembered the one about the JW who was getting mugged and the mugger was going to stab him and then all of a sudden, low and behold, the muggers body just froze and his hand with knife was just stuck in mid air as the JW walked away, unscathed. What a bunch of bunk!!

• observador
    observador

oh no!!! Not another one...

• Gill
    Gill

What about the one in France? I think there were some place names and people names in this one. A person had bought or tried to bring a bomb into a KH. The attendants saw smoke pouring from the briefcase with the bomb in and ran outside and threw it into the first convenient fountain they found thus saving all in the KH! However, they refused medals.....or something like that. Is this one true?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I probably would think that this story is basically true. In the US about a year ago, a escaped convict who had just murdered someone had taken a woman hostage. As time wore on, she started preaching to him (she is not a jdub) and he started feeling bad about holding her hostage. He eventually let her go and turned himself in. (I was listening to it on the radio as it was happening and listen to her interview a few days later) When the 'Passion of the Christ' came out in the theatre, there were spikes in church attendance in many places as well as people turning themselves in to police for past crimes that they felt regret over, even crimes such as murder. Most people have a conscious and a belief in God and if someone works on it and that person comes across as genuine good person, I can see a hard exterior soften. I think two jdub women sharing their beliefs about God and pricking the conscience of some would-be carjacker is not a great stretch of imagination, it may have very well happened that way. I for one try to respect peoples faith (not always successful in that) and sometimes if I think the person is a good person, I will help a little more. Just my two cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit