Is this another made up WTBTS experience?

by Gill 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

It's hard to believe any story they print. The experience is always so twisted to give the picture that they want to give.

Car jackers don't usually take the people for a ride with them. They get the people out of the car before they jack it.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Loosie - The way the story was going I half expected the carjackers to accept a home bible story and then the 'happy' ending of baptism!

One to stretch our powers of belief there.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    The mag, does give a list on the next page on tips to minimize carjacking.

I am sure the WTS only publishes these articles to create fear and to further add validity to their end of world claims; for goodness sake anyone with an ounce of sense would be careful and take sensible precautions - they dont need the WTS to publish guidance notes!

DB74

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Call me cynical - but I don't believe a word of it. It's the sort of storyline you see in old black and white films (which aren't used anymore as they're so unbelievable).

I wonder when this supposedly happened? Did the victims call the police? They must have been able to give a lot of information. OR were they just relieved that THEY were out of danger and the next victims would most likely be Worldly?

• agapa37
    agapa37

your cynical!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    your cynical!

Do you blame her?

DB74

• luna2
    luna2
    agapa said...your cynical!

I used to believe the stories in the Watchtower and Awake! Even though they sounded (and still sound) like lala, happy, happy, simple and cheesy propaganda. I wanted to belive that the fellas in Brooklyn would never ever exaggerate or lie to us. Then I had the interesting experience of seeing someone I knew quite well, who's life was anything but exemplary, get up on stage at an Assembly and twist the truth like it was taffy. Turns out the CO had coached most of those giving their "experiences" to juice them up and smooth them out ...and some were even asked to tell completly false stories....and the elders and the PO from our congregation were in total acceptance of this.

The Watchtower Society encourages exaggerating, distorting and omitting certain information in order to make whatever point it is that they want to make. If this manipulation of facts doesn't do the trick, they will encourage lying and come up with some bs reasoning to justify it. Truth and accuracy is not what is most important to them....not when they are trying to make the corporation look good. As a JW who wants it all to be real, you stick your head in the sand as long as you can and when faced with something you can't ignore, you twist and turn trying to make excuses for them. Eventually, if you are really paying attention, you finally have to acknowledge what is really happening...and, yes, you become cynical. You become cynical because that's what the WTBS has forced you to become with their tricky little ways.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

If it isn't already - it will be become another on the Dub Urban Legend List.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi, I think Agapa was kidding when he called MidwichCuckoo cynical. I read it as McW saying 'Call me cynical' and then agapa saying 'your cynical' - you know like when someone says 'call me a taxi' and they say 'you're a taxi'. Well thats how I read it anyway. :\

• luna2
    luna2

Gottcha, Moomin. Sheesh, all that for nothing! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit