The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    But this [man] offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually and sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from then on awaiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet.

Context, you unconscionable ass. It is ONCE AGAIN in the context, and a basic comprehension of the English language. "Offered" past tense. "Sat down" past tense. "From then on awaiting until" could, with equal ease, be descriptive a period of waiting that occurred and is now finished.

According to the WTS, Ephesians was written prior to Hebrews. And yet, Ephesians plainly states that the authority over all things had been given and that "[The Father] subjected all things under his feet." That would include his enemies.

It is according to the operation of the mightiness of his strength, with which he has operated in the case of the Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name named, not only in this system of things, but also in that to come. He also subjected all things under his feet, and made him head over all things to the congregation, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills up all things in all.

I quoted it earlier. I asked you pointed questions about it. Unless Paul lied in Hebrews or Ephesians, you misinterpreted Hebrews. Since there are two possible ways to understand Hebrews and one understanding does not make a liar of Paul and Jesus, I think I will go with that one. If you choose otherwise, it is your own business.

Now, account for the verses I cited earlier, or admit you have no response, or pigheadedly press on in your non-responsive course. I have responded to every one of your contentions, frequently PRIOR to your raising them, as in the case of Ephesians requiring a specific interpretation of Hebrews.

AuldSoul

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

3rd W, Christians are not born as Christians, and Christ's enemies are not born as his enemies. A period of wait and see must exist in order for a judgment to take place. Christ is at the right hand of God. He is judging and ruling in the midst of his enemies. But he allows his enemies time to repent, and thus he waits until they show repentance or die in their state of enmity. He has not been waiting for a time when he would be authorized by God to go into action as King and to defeat his enemies. They are already being defeated and have been for centuries. Eventually they will suffer full punishment. As Colossians 2:15 and other texts clearly show, he is already "stripping the governments and the authorities bare, [exhibiting] them in open public as conquered, leading them in a triumphal procession." Frank

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

When did Jesus receive kingship? Well, it obviously was before 1914.

Matt. 2:2 "Where is the one born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when {we were] in the east, and we have come to do him obeisance."

Matt. 23:3 "Now Pilate asked him the question: 'Are you the king of the Jews?' In answer he said: 'You yourselves are saying {it].' "

Matt. 27:37 Also, they posted above his head the charge against him, in writing: 'This is Jesus the King of the Jews."

Luke 19:38 "Blessed is the One coming as the King in Jehovah's name! Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest places!"

John 1:49 "Nathanael answered him: 'Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are King of Israel.' "

John 12:13-15 "And they began to shout: 'Save, we pray you! Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah's name, even the king of Israel!' But when Jesus had found a young ass, he sat on it, just as it is written: 'Have no fear, daughter of Zion. Look! Your king is coming, seated upon an ass's colt.' "

Acts 17:7 "And all these {men] act in opposition to the decrees of Caesar, saying there is another king, Jesus."

Rev. 1:5 "...Jesus Christ...'The Ruler of the kings of the earth.' "

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: I am awaiting until I get a legitimate answer.

You only credit as legitimate answers those answers that agree with you. But, that means you are waiting for an answer that agrees with your assumptions, assertions, and interpretations. That isn't a discussion at all.

You now have about six previously unasked questions from me that you haven't answered. I answered your question, whether or not you agree with my answer. Please answer mine.

AuldSoul

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

3rd witness talks about Jesus coming in to power in 1914.i agree with him.every one has been giving him a hard time saying.well if that's the case what has Jesus been doing the last 100 years.well i find that kinda unreasonable.because if what your saying is correct that Jesus was king and had been given authority in the 1st century.then let me ask you what has Jesus been doing as king the last 2000 years.kinda contradicting don't you think.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The difference is, PMJ2, is that there is biblical support for the notion of Jesus' enthronement in the 1st century, whereas there is bog all support for a notion of an 1914 enthronement.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    3rd witness talks about Jesus coming in to power in 1914.i agree with him.every one has been giving him a hard time saying.well if that's the case what has Jesus been doing the last 100 years.well i find that kinda unreasonable.because if what your saying is correct that Jesus was king and had been given authority in the 1st century.then let me ask you what has Jesus been doing as king the last 2000 years.kinda contradicting don't you think.

THE TROLL IS BACK!

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

FULLOFCRAP dont insult me and i wont insult you simple as

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

PMJ2,

The big difference is this: The Bible says Jesus has been searching hearts and judging and ruling as God's agent for 2,000 years, but JWs claim he's been doing that only since 1914. Jesus' enemies were made his footstool 2,000 years ago, not just since 1914.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

PMJ2,

3rd witness talks about Jesus coming in to power in 1914.i agree with him.every one has been giving him a hard time

Keep in mind that "3rd witness" started this thread, thereby challenging the hundreds of us in this forum to respond. It's not our fault if you (and perhaps he) thought we weren't up to the challenge. Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit