The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

OOOh 3rdwitness I saw that you resurrected your own thread. It's great of you to be a witness..thats fine. If you choose to ignore facts about your religion thats fine too. However, the majority of us have investigated the Jdubs in and out uo and down and opened our eyes so that we could see the truth. I don't know why you thinnk you can 'save' anyone of us apostates...we see the light and are not going back to your darkness!! Maybe your time would be better spent studing for the meetings or out in field service??

• Satanus
    Satanus

But, you said just like in the days of noah - 120 yrs. If the 120 yrs isn't the point, then a time span of over 100 yrs isn't a point iether. In fact, time isn't the point. That renders your reasoning all but pointless, at least as far as time is concerned. Is there a point in you post? If so, what is it?

S

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Can I gather the third coming of Christ will be between now and 2034?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

thirdwitness,

just as it occurred in the days of Noah

If Noah was making repeated false prophecies and repeatedly teaching people hopes that didn't materialize then God shouldn't have destroyed people for laughing at Noah.

On that note...my reply to your last post.

AuldSoul

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Anyone care to answer why Revelation 1:7 says "every eye will see him" referring to Jesus' coming.

If he came invisably in 1914, how is it every eye saw him? The answer can easily be given by using only the scriptures and nothing else just in the case of the 7 times and Christ's parousia. 1 Timothy 6:16 tells us about the ressurected Jesus: " whom not one of men has seen or can see. To him be honor and might everlasting." So right away we can illiminate the thought that every eye will literally see Jesus. The Bible clearly says no one can now literally see Jesus just as no one can literally look upon Jehovah without dying. Daniel 7 explain just what it means to come on a cloud. Daniel 7:13 says, “I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.

Allowing the Bible to interpret itself it is evident now what is meant by coming on a cloud. It denotes invisibility because when Jesus took up his kingship of God's Kingdom he came not physically or literally to earth but rather he gained access to Jehovah who is invisible in the heavens. He is spoken of as coming with the clouds and coming before Jehovah. It was invisible to the literal eyes of all humans. The second part of your question shows you do not understand what JWs really teach. You ask: If he came invisably in 1914, how is it every eye saw him? Revelation 1:7 corresponds to Matthew 24: 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Revelation 1:7 says, Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Now notice that his coming the clouds of heaven in this case where every eye sees him results in all the earth beating themselves in lamentation. Why? Because it means their destruction. They will indeed then see close up and know that Jesus Christ is bringing destruction upon him because they opposed his people and thus opposed him. But of course they cannot literally see Jesus because since his ressurection no one has seen or can see him. They will see him by seeing the destruction he brings upon wicked mankind for rejecting him as King and rejecting his brothers. This is not the same as when he was enthroned as king in 1914. You will note that Revelation also said that those who pierced him would see him. How? They're already dead. Well, remember Jesus said if you do it to my brothers you do it to me. So those who persecute Christ's brothers are doing the same as persecuting Jesus. And they will see and know that they are being destroyed for opposing Jesus and his people. This also explains why Jesus said to his apostles: A little longer and the world will behold me no more, but YOU will behold me, because I live and YOU will live. --John 14:19. The world would never again literally behold or see Jesus again. Only those who are called to heaven would see him again because they would be immortal spirit beings just as he is now.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thirdwitness said,

The final nail in the coffin of AlanF's and other opposition to JWs interpretation of parousia. Luke 17 offers a parallel of Matthew 24. An examination of it will reveal the true meaning of parousia. Luke 17: 26 Moreover, just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage, until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the flood arrived and destroyed them all. Note that 'the days of Noah' = 'the days of the Son of man'. The days of Noah was a time when people were carrying on the everyday affairs of life and took no note of their impending destruction. They took no note of what Noah was saying and doing. How long were the days of Noah when men were taking no note until the flood came? According to Genesis 6:3 Jehovah says of wicked mankind in the days of Noah: "... his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.” So the days of Noah before the flood, specified by Jehovah, when men were taking no note of Jehovah was at the very least 120 years. Quite an extended period of time.

Funny, the society has not said it would take as much as 120 years for Jesus to exercise his kingship and destroy all non-JWs. Especially when I remember growing up with Watchtowers like this.
  • jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thirdwitness, the scripture you quoted in 1 Tim 6:16 says just before you started quoting, "who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see." Again, you misrepresent the scriptures to proclaim falsehoods! Try looking directly at the sun through a telescope without a special lens sometime. Hmmm, we know the sun is there because it provides obvious light, but I would call its light rather unapproachable. We don't know Jesus' presence or whatever is here because there is nothing obvious to everybody. Revelation 1:7 tells us "every eye will see him." I will allow for that to not be literal sight, but it should be obvious to everybody his presence as king is here and now.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I wonder how the twenty-five year old in the upper right hand corner sneaked in. My God......its Alan Fuerbacher!

HS

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Is it really?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Funny how the bible plainly says that everybody would see jesus and his light, yet, the wt and thirdwitness state directly the opposite. Anybody, any average person without preprogramming could easily see the bible's meaning. Not so the witless ones.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit