The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Jayhawk,

What a great picture! I personally knew all 16 of the Bethelites pictured on that front page of the 5/15/84 Watchtower. Some were very good friends of mine, two of them attending the same Kingdom Hall where I attended. I'm almost certain every one of them has died. How ironic! No doubt the designers of the page were convinced that every one of those persons would still be alive at the end of the "1914 generation" time period, but they're all now in the grave. I'm not in any way happy that they've died, but it isn't difficult to conceive that the same fate awaits every individual JW who continues to put his or her hope and trust in the Watchtower's man-made promise of the "1914 generation."

Frank

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Frank,

For me, I just remember how I felt that summer. My mom was a Pioneer and I had just learned how to read. I was convinced I would not see the fourth grade! At one time they had us all fooled. It's sad really.

• fjtoth
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Consider this: If "the end" does not come in 2034, then what?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Consider this: If "the end" does not come in 2034, then what?

Assuming the Watchtower Corp is still sticking to 1914, they would have a huge problem on their bloodguilty hands.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I think that there is a big problem now. I don't see how jws can hold on for another 28 years or so of meet. att., ass. It's too much, too long. Something has to happen within a year or two at the most, to either strenghen the faith or to bring closure. When the generation doctrine fell through, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

• AlanF
    AlanF

plmkrzy said:

: Is there by chance a website where these books can be referenced without having to purchase all of them?

I don't know of any. They're right scholarly books and as such, generally are not online. However, I found a website that has some online references: http://www.greek-language.com/lexical.aids/

AlanF

• gymbob
    gymbob

Hey I loved that old Watchtower cover! There's Sophia, the famous bethel nurse from the 70's, everybody knew her....she's on the far left, in the middle, with the dark earring.

Can anyone (or everyone) pick out the GB member on that cover??? :)

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    Can anyone (or everyone) pick out the GB member on that cover???

Martin Poetzinger is in the lower left, and George Gangas is the second from the right at the top.

• Flash
    Flash
    When the generation doctrine fell through, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Fell though? No, it was abandoned because of fear by the GB. The masters apparent 'delaying' scared them. Even though Jesus warned us multiple times though illustrations and with plain speech, His returning would much longer than His apostles or we would think...The GB showed a lack of faith. The Sign is in full bloom and they shrink back! Matthew 24: 32 ~ 34

Mark 13: 35 35 "Therefore keep on the watch, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or at cockcrowing or at early in the morning." Matthew 24: 44

"On this account you too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming."

Matthew 25: 5, 6

5 "While the bridegroom was delaying, they all nodded and went to sleep. 6 Right in the middle of the night there arose a cry, Here is the bridegroom! Be on your way out to meet him."

Matthew 25: 19

19 "After a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them."

( Matthew 24: 48 ~ 51, Luke 12: 45 ~ 48 )

It is also my opinion (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this) that the War On Terror will lead to the destruction of Babylon the Great in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit