The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlanF
    AlanF

jayhawk1 said:

: Is there a scripture in Daniel that says The Book of Daniel's Prophecies are written for the Mesiah?

Silly boy! You don't have God's spirit so you can't be expected to see it.

AlanF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThirdWitness,

hillarystep: Does you understand the preterist arguments of the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation, the very ones on which you are seeking to educate us all? How would you refute their arguments?

You'll have to be more specific. I know very little about preterists.

There now, I noted that JW's do not get out much theologically didn't I.

Here is a link that will give you a broad stroke idea of what Preterists and Partial Preterists have concluded about the eschatological elements of the Bible.

After you have disgested some of this, perhaps you might answer a couple of questions that I have already asked, but not received an answer to and the fill in the blanks in the statement below :

Do you accept, as does the WTS that the apostles Peter, Paul, John and James were expecting the 'culmination of all things' in their lifetime?

Do you believe that one can only understand prophetic elements of the Bible, such as Daniel, by means of the Holy Spirit, or can accurate conclusions be reached even by academic means only?

Then the statement :

I ( ThirdWitness ) believe that it is impossible for all the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation to have been fulfilled by the second fall of Jerusalem in 70CE because__________________________________

Now, you have a tendency to ignore questions that might make you feel uncomfortable theologically often claiming that you will not answer them as they are not in keeping with the theme of the thread. I am sure you will agree, that this post is in keeping with your chosen theme.

Many thanks.

HS

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Silly boy! You don't have God's spirit so you can't be expected to see it.

AlanF

So is it one of those implied things.

I am being totally serious. Show me a scripture that says Daniel's Prophecies apply directly to the Mesiah. I know the one in question applies directly to Nebuchadnezzar, but where does it say there is a "greater fulfillment with the Mesiah?"

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Boston Mass 1996

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Well hillary_step,.."Does you understand?"..LOL!!..Sorry,I`m in a humorous mood..That line cracked me up,probably a TypeO,but just the same..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: You have to dig and search the Bible. In doing so it is crystal clear just what the tree dream meant in the greater fulfillment.

Again, another contradiction in terms. If it is crystal clear, you don't have to search for it. If you have to search for it, it isn't crystal clear.

Just as sovereignty isn't universal if it is lacking any portion of the universe. If it is universal, nothing is excepted. If something is excepted, it isn't universal.

You seem to be trying very hard to make me believe you are stupid. If so, it is working so far.

AuldSoul

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Outlaw, perhaps Thirdwitness is trying out his Foghorn Leghorn material.

I say... I say... What's the big idea, boy?

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Frank said: This question indicates great ignorance concerning how the "Insight" volumes were compiled. I was there. There would be no "Insight" volumes if there had not been the book "Aid to Bible Understanding." That book in turn was put together from informtion obtained from hundreds of sources outside the Watchtower Society. The Watchtower Society raided Christendom's pantry and then gave credit to itself for cooking up a delicious meal of spiritual food.

I served 40 years at Bethel and often had access to the libraries of those who work in the Writing Department. The vast majority of publications in those libraries were not produced by the Watchtower Society but by members of Christendom's churches. The Watchtower condemns Christendom's churches but robs constantly from Christendom's sources without giving credit where credit is due.

Where is this amazing book written by Christendom that outdoes the insight book?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thirdwitness' reply

jayhawk: Does the Book of Daniel say in any part of it that its prophecies are written for the Mesiah? I am asking, because I don't know.

All of the prophecies in Daniel are about the Messiah.

Does it say in any part of Daniel that it's prophecies are written for the Mesiah? Look, I know you believe they are, but does it say they are? (I am still looking for anybody who cares to answer it. Is there a scripture in Daniel that says The Book of Daniel's Prophecies are written for the Mesiah? Any takers?)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThirdWitness,

Where is this amazing book written by Christendom that outdoes the insight book?

Are you aware that the three main authors of the Aid To Bible Understanding, which gave way, largely unchanged bar the illustrations to the 'Insight' books, were all disfellowshipped for 'apostacy'.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit