What's the worst dish your mother ever made you eat?

by mrsjones5 96 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

The stuff my mom made was vile. It was mostly a gelatinous mass with pieces of questionable meat (usually pig feet) and spices. She'd put it in a bowl to chill, and later plop some on your plate. She and my dad would add some vinegar to it. I just gagged.

Ok, yes, I think they would call it "braunschwager" here. EWWWWW!!! My parents would spread the "meat" glop on bread just before the meetings and we had to eat it or starve. Well, I would go "starving" on those nights. My stomach would growl during the boring meetings. When we got home it was that, or go to bed STILL hungry. I wasn't about to eat the crap.

• serendipity
    serendipity

It's a toss up between cow tongue and scrambled eggs & cow brains.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Canned spinach is vile. So is venison after you go hunting with your dad. Toss up as to which is worse. I make it a point to not become aquainted in any way with my food any more. Eye contact is a bad thing.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    scrambled eggs & cow brains.

Ewwww... now that is gross. I think I'm going to look into becoming a vegetarian.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I had a bug phobia too...I was always inspecting my meals for bugs, catipillers and other junk...and I found them just enough times to keep me wary.

I have never found bugs in my food. (Except for dishes that were intentionally made of bugs ).

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

split pea soup

• poppers
    poppers

When I was a kid she made a sweet and sour dish for my father. At the time I couldn't stomach it and that really hurt her feelings because she put so much effort into making it - I felt really bad about that. But with growing older tastes change. Now I love and sweet and sour food.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

For this...I rely on an old thread...Read Chapter one..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/ 87997/1465750/post.ashx#1465750

• Warlock
    Warlock

Frogs Legs.

Warlock

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Sour kraut on hot dogs... ewwww!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit