What's the worst dish your mother ever made you eat?

by mrsjones5 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I'm with some of the others that some of the foods disliked are some that i like, pickled eggs, liver w/onions over grits..mmmmm, brussel sprouts are good to me too..but only if i cook them..

but Nowman actually made my post for me...like she was in my head or something..my step-mom learned the hard way to not try to make me eat peas again..my mother never tried to make me eat them..

Peas. I always gagged. Eventually, my parents stopped forcing me to eat them because I sometime would throw up from them. After a few years, they realized I could not eat peas. To this day, I will not eat peas. Sometimes Chinese fried rice has peas in it, I never will order from that particular Chinese food place again...In fact, when I a call a place I ve never ordered from, I always ask if the rice has peas in it, if they do, I say thank you and hang up, if they don't, they'll get my business.

I mean exactly what I would have said even down to the chinese food...but I can't stand the carrots in it too so I pick out the peas and carrots if the rice has it..I can eat raw carrots like the baby carrots..can eat those like candy and Piccadilly has this carrot souffle that is delicious....but plain ol' cooked carrots is just gross...I can't eat beets either instant pukage....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I'm with some of the others that some of the foods disliked are some that i like, pickled eggs, liver w/onions over grits..mmmmm

I like pickled eggs, especially with horseraddish on them.

W

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<I can't eat beets either instant pukage....>>

I used to love pickled beets as a kid and radishes fresh from the garden and soaked in vinegar.

Dams

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

This thread has been making me laugh and gag at the same time!

Growing up, I used to think, "Man, why do we have to be poor? A real ham and non-processed cheese sandwich would be real good right now!!"

• delilah
    delilah

Liver....my mom did not know how to cook it and it was as tough as shoe leather....actually, all the meat she ever cooked was the same....good thing we had a dog allowed to sit by us at the table . He was well-fed.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Frozen breaded fish! Just plain nasty. Mystery fish. Who knows what type of fish or when it was actually caught and where. (cue twilight zone music) Something my mom didn't make: I had a real nasty sauerkraut in Alasce France. I was starving and just put up with it and ate it because I didn't want to offend anyone especially since I was a special guest.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Another one of my mum's specialities is white fish cooked in boiled milk. The smell alone makes me gag!!!

FF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit