How many here have left the org because of this board?

by mrsjones5 44 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have left the organization in heart and mind - but not yet body. This board was a major factor - but I was directed here from Randys site at www.freeminds.org

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I had already left and for a good while was still a bit unsettled at looking at 'apostate' sites. Eventually I looked things up on the internet that validated how I had been feeling about things, and came across this place and found it was good to talk with like minded people.

CS 101

• kid-A
    kid-A

I had already left "in mind" by my early teens. I then stumbled across Kent Steinhaugs old "Watchtower Observer" site. The information he had posted

there was the final nail in the coffin, and led me directly to the works of Ray Franz and Gary Botting.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had doubts, and began to research those doubts. I came to the board after I learned the watchtower was a pile of crap.

W

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No.

I lurked here after already having doubts. The garbage that came from speakers on the platform caused me to finally leave. Being here made me realize I wasn't alone, and that the real apostates were the WTS.

Posting here wasn't even thought of until after I'd stopped attending meetings.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I had faded for a while. When family started to pressure me into returning....I found www.jwfiles.com . It was so on-point, that I made my decision pretty quickly. Then, I found www. ajwrb.org and it sealed the deal. I found this site last November/December. It has helped me therapeutically and socially. Plus, whenever Danny Hazard has the news of JWs, I always send them to the family. Irks them to no end. (he, he).

Skeeter

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

Like many others, I had doubts and decided to research on the dreaded internet and found this site. Thanks to this site, I read COC. The combo is one of the main reasons I left. But I think you have to have some serious doubts to go looking for debate sites in the first place.

• yucca
    yucca

I left in 1978. I was working for low wages to be able to go to meetings after all 1975 was going to happen and my struggles would be over. When it didnt happen I thought I better plan on a job with more money and a pension. Finally got a job with telephone co in 1978. I went to kingdom hall and this woman asked how come I been missing meetings. I said I got on at phone co as an operator and have to work nights and week ends. She said you cant miss meetings I said yes I can.If anyone wants to help me buy tires ,insurance medical bills my expenses I will reconsider. I left the hall and never went back and no one ever bothered me.So I guess I was a lucky one. My family who were witnesses were fed up too and they left .

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I left for good in 1992 because I was so miserable, tired of feeling guilty because I was never good enough or did enough, and tired of feeling left out of social circles because I didn't have a dad for an elder or a husband who was a JW, and because being reinstated meant that people treated me differently than before I was disfellowshipped.

I didn't find this site until 2005 and have really had my eyes opened to all the scandals and hypocrisy and evilness that exists in the Watchtower Society, and how their whole belief system is tied to isolation from family and friends who are not JWs.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was having doubts and not attending meetings when I first came on here, and not long after joining I da'd. I would have eventually left with or without coming here, but the support shown me by the people on here definitely hastened my departure from the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit