How many here have left the org because of this board?

by mrsjones5 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Me. They threatened to DA me but said they would reconsider if I took my sites down.

It's still here.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Simon,

I never knew that till now!

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I stopped attending the meetings before I ever looked at this site. My mom was reading this site and others on a regular basis and she would tell me things that were said.

It was the Societies and no others fault that I left. They drove me and my family off and I am so glad they did.

Loruhamah

• willyloman
    willyloman

I knew it wasn't the Truth. I came here looking for confirmation and found it.

And then, armed with knowledge, I found the courage to leave.

This is brilliant, by the way, AuldSoul:

The sheer volume of intellectual deceits required to prop up the dogma of Jehovah's Witnesses is staggering and the interrelationships of these deceptions are difficult to trace out, but once it starts it becomes an avalanche of realizations.... Most of us posting here were duped. The majority still in are duped, but some actively dupe themselves so that they can remain. I determined not to be one of these.
  • keo15929
    keo15929

Auldsoul,

For me, it's not the various things that people INTERPRET as evidence that the WTS is evil that convinces me that the WTS is wrong. It's cold hard facts that aren't open to interpretation. For example, in the cong I was a part of the PO who was also supposedly part of the "annointed" was found out to be a child molestor by his new wife. He had been guilty of this for years while serving as an elder. Obviously, if God were directing matters no child molestor would serve as an elder for even 1 second. And the elders are supposed to be appointed by holy spirit but I know thats not true because some who were nothing but spies were appointed as such. People sent to spy on the JW org. I read that in the "Proclaimers" book.

• keo15929
    keo15929

Can you believe this, it was because of experiences in the ministry work that made me decide not to go back to the KH. For one thing I was at someone's house that I had known for a long time trying to start a study with him and he brought up questions that made me uncomfortable. One thing was that JW's are taught not to serve in govt offices but the Bible shows that God's people in the past had done that very thing and were blessed by God. Of course I had an answer for that but I failed to convince him. That experience taught me that honest hearted people can rightfully come to different conclusions on the matter of Bible interpretation. I had always thought if a person was truly honest hearted then they would become a JW. But that's clearly not true. The Bible simply isn't clear enough to lead all honest hearted people to the same conclusion.

Another thing he did was to ask an honest question, "how can I trust the WTS when they have been wrong so many times on the matter of predictions?" He didn't accuse them of being false prophets because he made room for the reasoning that they have never claimed to recieve an inspired message from God but simply thought these predictions were true based on their interpretation of the Bible. But still, he had a legitamit question. An honest hearted person could rightly conclude that the WTS was untrustworthy.

I found out that hardly anything is ever black and white. Of course after an experience like that I started thinking and being truthful with myself and as you can see from my earlier post I was willing to accept the conclusion that the facts pointed to.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I left the Org. because OF THE ORG. AND SOME OF THE PEOPLE IN IT!

This board didn't make me leave anything.

Warlock

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

It would seem that doubts would lead one to the site first, in spite of WTS threats.

Ques: What about apologists such as Hummingbird who "accidently" come here thinking it is a pro-Jehovah's Witness board? How many posts would you have to read to know the real story? And then, why would you register as a member? Something verrrrrry fishy................. P.S. Thrity-five years for me. Do the math.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Ques: What about apologists such as Hummingbird who "accidently" come here thinking it is a pro-Jehovah's Witness board? How many posts would you have to read to know the real story? And then, why would you register as a member? Something verrrrrry fishy.................

Yep that's fishy alright, cuz she's fishing and I think she got someone hooked on her line, the poor bastard.

Josie

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

blondie is right. What is most important is WHAT you find on these sites, which validates the doubts you have. I had already left in mind when I found H20 and Kent's old site.

But, everything I foud confirmed I had made the right decision.

-silent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit