How many here have left the org because of this board?

by mrsjones5 44 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

YOU GUYS DID IT! Because of YOU I left the borg. and thanks!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I DA'd in November 2004 because I found out about the UN/NGO deal while researching a charity affiliated with the UN as an NGO. Imagine the shock when I discovered the WTBTS on the same list.

First accessed this board on January 12, 2005 and posted three hours later.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I can honestly say I left because of this forum. It wasn't until after I had decided to find out what there was to find out, but you lot were right here ready to show anyone with a desire to know. And the current JWs posting here (as well as the ones I was dealing with in real life) were key to my eventual exit.

I know they can be frustrating at times, even maddening in their superiority, but they are NEEDED for this place to be successful. Through these posters (and blondies threads ) I learned to spot the logical flaws in the publications and their conversations. Once I saw what to look for, I was impervious to their specious, sophistic reasoning.

This place gave me the needed confidence to break free from the JWs, not primarily because of how many others had seen the same things, but because of what those who didn't yet see used as "proofs" in favor of JW dogma. I saw the darkened mental state, the lack of logic, the absence of "power of reason" (gr. logiken) that I rightly associate with spirituality. (Romans 12:1, 2)

When I started seeing it everywhere, I knew for sure there was no light in that organization, there was only darkness they believed to be light because of their lack of alertness. ( Luke 11:35; 2 Corinthians 11:12-15) The sheer volume of intellectual deceits required to prop up the dogma of Jehovah's Witnesses is staggering and the interrelationships of these deceptions are difficult to trace out, but once it starts it becomes an avalanche of realizations. I was duped, made the fool. Most of us posting here were duped. The majority still in are duped, but some actively dupe themselves so that they can remain. I determined not to be one of these.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

This was not the reason I left. I left because the answers I found from the sources the Society quoted from were not accurate. This site certain could not possibly make me ditch the truth if in fact the truth really was the truth. I came here to see if there were others who had discovered the same things as I and my family did. To my suprise, I knew no one, and only lurked for months and months, but quickly realised that these ones also had discovered the same lies. The truth will withstand any examination..even if compared to the posts here. However if a teaching is not truth, it will become quite clear real fast. And that is exactly what happened.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I had many questions. I asked around, and was told that I was listening to apostates. I wasn't, these were my own questions. So after two years of asking questions, I went online and looked. I was at a website, beliefnet.com and someone there sent me here.

After reading and reading I finally had a solid proof that it was not "the truth", and I left.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

False in my case. I left almost two years before finding this board. I actually proved that the Org. was not the truth by objectably comparing their teachings to what Jesus and the Apostles taught in the NT and found that the teachings of the Org. did not stand up to scrutiny.

What prompted me to start doing this was I realized I could not defend my faith properly by using only the bible and many people at the doors did not want us to read from books to them.

I started reading the bible alone to disprove the people at the doors and their beliefs but it backfired on me. Glad that it did!

Anyway, I joined the board to meet others who share my common experience. Lilly

• oldflame
    oldflame

No I had already quit going to meetings but when I found this site I told them all that I did not want anything to do with them anymore. The elder who was studying with me came over a couploe of times but I did'nt answer the door. Eventually he got the point. I had actually found Freeminds first and through there I found JWD I think this was in the year 1999 ....I have been here at JWD for a very long time as long as Gumby has. Gumby and used to knock on doors together and now we are apasta brothers. LOL

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was too scared to look at apostate information like this board until after I left. I left after reading studies in the scriptures and doing research on earthquakes (see http://jwfacts.com/index_files/earthquakes.htm)

I wish I had come to this board as it would have saved me years of research and stuffing around, how embarrassing that I actually believed that apostate information should not be read.

• avengers
    avengers

I left in 1999. Found this DB 2 years later.

Glad I did.

Andy

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I left in 1994. Registered here in 2001. I didn't have internet access until 1998/99.

Blondie has it right. No amount of evidence will change the mind of a die-hard JW who wants to believe.

Before I registered here, I posted (and still do occasionally) at "Tishie's board", and I used to read H2O. As soon as I saw the 607/586 argument, and residual thoughts that the JWs might have the truth were gone.

Since I left, we have had the Generation change, child abuse scandal, UN NGO scandal.......there are lots of JWs who have seen the evidence. If they want to put loyalty to the WT above anything, they will. Nothing will change their minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit