September KM - 70 alterations in Revelation Climax Book

by dozy 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• evergreen
    evergreen

Is someone trying to pull my leg here. This simply cant be true!!! how on earth is anyone going to have faith in any organisation that can move as many goal posts as it wants. I mean come on. Is God really that fickle? or is it a group of guys in New York?

I know who i would put my money on, and im not even a gambling man! woops i mean dog sorry!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This is going to be hilarious. I love how they call them "adjustments" instead of corrections. They make it sound like the light is being "refined" instead of changed.

• yumbby
    yumbby

ewww. do you think they'll have to study the book AGAIN on tuesdays? I'm SO glad I don't have to spend my nights like that anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

The big doctrinal change is Matthew 25:31-33. The WTS now teaches this will be fulfilled at the start of the great tribulation and that people will be judged them now all during the "time of the end."

w99 5/1 p. 13 "These Things Must Take Place" ***

Judgment

Ahead!

Note that Matthew 24:29-31 foretells that (1) the Son of man comes, (2) this coming will be with great glory, (3) the angels will be with him, and (4) all the tribes of the earth will see him. Jesus repeats these elements in the parable of the sheep and the goats. (Matthew 25:31-46) Hence, we can conclude that this parable deals with the time, after the opening outbreak of tribulation, when Jesus will come with his angels and sit down on his throne to judge. (John 5:22; Acts 17:31; compare 1 Kings 7:7; Daniel 7:10, 13, 14, 22, 26; Matthew 19:28.)

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks for posting annomaly!

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled

70 alterations?!?!??!! Sounds like someone was not qualified to write that book to begin with............LOL!!!!!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Can't wait for the next KM with the Insert "2,675 Alerations to the Bible".

Oh wait they already did that. It's called the New World Translation.

Pope

• geevee
    geevee

Hi, Thanks for the scans. It helps at times to know what the family are to be considering.

A Comment by 95stormfront[?]I guess a four page insert is a lot cheaper than reprinting a whole book for 6 million people. I swear, if I were still in, this would be a huge "red flag" to me. That many changes in one book? If this many changes in just one book constitute the "truth" now, then what the hell were we studying back in the late 80's?

Now, I wonder whay a book company such as thw wts, doesnt reproduce the thing, correcting all the changes for whatever reason. Man they would sell another 6.6 million copies, nearly end up on the best seller list. All those donations!!!!!!! Plenty of dubs paying twices as much as they ought???

• blondie
    blondie

The last time the WTS "encouraged" the rank and file to get a new book when a publication was restudied, the vast majority kepty their old one.

Since the donations for any publications by the rank and file are anonymous, few donate.

My husband never noticed any big upswing in donations when a book was restudied.

I have looked at the first page of updates and any doctrinal impact or concealing of information. I may post it later.

Blondie

PS I think the WTS is so strapped for cash flow that they can't afford to redon the Revelation Climax book.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I had a question regarding the change about the 8 leaders being "exonerated" in 1919.

On page 56 of "Apocalypse Delayed" Penton cites A.H. McMillan who quotes Judge Ward saying the "judgement is reversed." What does this mean? If judgement was reversed, isn't that an exoneration? I'm not defending the WT leaders. I'm just trying to understand this so I can explain it if necessary. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit