September KM - 70 alterations in Revelation Climax Book

by dozy 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mulan
    Mulan

This kind of thing has happened many times in the past. I remember paragraphs printed in the KM with the same type size, to be cut out and pasted into your book, corrections, typos, etc. I was young so never paid attention to what changes they were and just pasted it in.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    Wouldn't the very existence of a four page insert of changes be a red flag for a discerning Witness?

Well, yes it would be. However I don't think there are any discerning Witnesses left at this point. And the ones that are still in, that have the mental capacity to realize that things don't just add up, have no doubt by this point, for whatever reason, decided that they will stay in, regardless of how many red flags come up.

No Apologies

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Does anybody remember that study article we had a while back about 'new light'? Maybe they were preparing them for this... We all knew there had to be something up.
    I guess it's easy to provide spiritual food at the proper time if they're the ones writing the problems.

By the way I'm back at the moment... I've been out of school for the summer and therefore haven't had as much unsupervised internet access. Sorry for disapearing.

I can't wait to get my KM now!

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

i bet there is no changes to the 607 year stuff..thats one thing they can't alter without some repercussions

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

By publishing the changes in a Kingdom Ministry the WBTS accomplishes two things: 1) They appear to be up front and honest to the flock by telling them outright that there are changes in lieu of just re-printing the book and hoping they don't notice and 2) The Kingdom Ministry is arguably one of the least read publications so many rank-n-file dubs wont even realize there have been changes. The ones that do read the KM and are present for the service meeting will soon forget.

• wiegel
    wiegel

Thank you for posting this information - it makes one think, but I can't understand it. I know that when we started to study the "Proclaimers" book, I started to see how things had changed doctrinally over the years. I read about the infighting (the WT version anyway) in the early years, the spats betweens egos, and the what seemed like whims for making changes. Yes, one of their own publications started me on my journey "out". I felt tricked already at that point, and wondered how much of what was controlling my life and my decisions would be changed one day when I was too old to care anymore, and when life had really passed me by. That was about 10 years ago. It took a few years before my witness roommate ordered "Crisis of Conscience" (I thought the house was going to catch on fire because of it). We started reading it together in the morning with coffee and within a couple of days, the bonds were broken, the truth had set us both free!

The "Revelation" book played a big part in adding to the cognitive dissonance that had plagued me for decades (I was baptized at 21 in 1972. I just could NOT believe that the were applying the ENTIRE book of revelation to activities of JWs, I still remember the magazines were the locusts?????? WTF?? I started having flashbacks to when I first went to a book study. They were studying the Ezekiel book and talking about dried bones getting up and dancing, and what that meant for our day. I wasn't studying then, just went with a friend who was, and I thought "what a bunch of total whackos", but I still had my sense of reason intact at that time.

Now they are making 70 changes and I wonder how many of them have been "suggested" by apostates. It seems that so many of their "adjustments" in thinking have not been a result of the holy spirit (poor "guy" gets a bad rap) but rather a reaction to outside criticism. This makes me sick and it makes me angry, but it also makes me so happy to BE OUT OF THERE.

So, who could possible remain and swallow this swill? In my opinion, 3 basic groups:

1. the mentally ill - we all know how many of them there are and WHO many of them are (and how many were of of the "annointed")
    2. the ones who have nothing else in their lives and can not make a decision by themselves bc they have no reasoning "muscles" left
    3. the ones who are "stuck" for one reason or another, I believe I have family in this group, or who love the "glory" of their different positions in the congregation - these may be the last to leave, not because of love but because of pride

So, a long-overdue thank you to all of you on this forum. I have been reading for 5 years but not commenting much. This has been my lifeline to clearer thinking, helping me to sort things out with the support of all of your wisdoms and comments and experiences. xo

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    I'll provide scans if anyone is interested

Yes please!

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

sre the scans up? I need a good laugh .. :-)

• blondie
    blondie

The last time I know of the WTS sending out additions/changes was to the elders for the questions in the Organized book re blood and AIDS. I don't think the rank and file were given copies.

When the Daniel book was studied the second time, people with newer books hand changes but no announcement had been made.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/101291/1.ashx

Blondie

• Odrade
    Odrade

I just can't believe they are studying it again. I remember the last bookstudy we attended, (in the Isaiah book,) people saying "At least it isn't the Revelation book again." Although my mom thinks it's "GREAT" that they're going through Rev again. HAHAHA!
    Well, we actually quit going to bookstudy at least 6 months before we quit meetings because we couldn't stand to sit there and listen to the Isaiah crap. Maybe going through this book again will have the same effect on people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit