For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Steve, I am afraid that your interpretation of Ezek 26 is obviously wrong according to Zech, Isaiah, and thus Jehovah. I don't think that Jehovah would be happy if you tell him that his prophets Zech and Isaiah are liars. It seems Jehovah knew what he wanted Ezekiel to say and he clarified exactly what he meant through the words of the other prophets. I will choose to take the interpretation of Isaiah and Zechariah as to what Ezekiel was saying over your interpretation.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    All the questions being asked about what does Egypt include and who are the celebrated scholars are all attempts at sidetracking the issue at hand. The fact is that 587 proponents are left with this one point:

The 40 year desolation of Egypt is not literal (although you have never scriptually shown us what it means symbolically) because I will not admit that JWs and 607 are correct.

Since that is all you have left and everyone can see how foolish that statement is what must you do?

Sidetrack sidetrack sidetrack. Confuse the issue. Ignore it. Because you simply have no answer.

What use is there continuing the discussion when you can't overcome the very first thing I presented when AlanF challenged me to present just one point that proves 607?

Thirdwitness, this is not a sidetrack, please review Ezekiel 26 that I posted above, and explain why he didn't say what he said. Your entire basis for 40 years is from a prophet who said something that cannot be corroborated. And, when we look at his track record and find he has made enthusiastic mistakes before. If you can honestly copy in a post, that scripture I posted above and say it isn't so, then I will understand you methodology and be able to continue with the rest of you line of reasoning. Trust me, I do not take you the fool. You have applied a lot of time and energy into your research and I am happy to discuss it with you. No matter where it may lead. I also have to admit that I doubt you would give me such a courtesy. steve

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

Right, I cannot do anything about the twenty year gap and neither can you. Besides I do not wish to remove the gap for I love the gap - missing 20 years. That gap builds up my faith in our accurate Bible chronology because it comes just twenty years short of the biblically corrected date of 607 BCE . This means that one can utilize current Neo-Babylonian chronology, factor in the seventy years into the schema and with such fine tuning. Eureka!!! The date for the Fall of Jerusaelm is now proved to be 607 and not the inadequate 587 and other pretenders.

scholar JW

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitness,

It appears our posts crossed somewhat.

So, am I correct it saying that you believe that what Ezekiel wrote down was not what Jehovah meant him to write down, and so Jehovah had two later prophets clarify the issue?

steve

• scholar
    scholar

toreador

You ask about the Bible Canon. There are many fine books published on this subject and there excellent articles written on this subject in WT publications for I cannot be bothered writing on a subject when you can easily find the answers yourself. If you have some really significant problem then I will deal with it and not before, My advice is for you to get this knowledge yourself and perhaps later I will help.

scholar JW

• kgav8r
    kgav8r

Regarding the prophets Ezekial, Isaiah, and Zecheriah, none were contemporaries of each other. So by my logic, if two agree, then one is wrong or at least not without errors. I believe this has been discussed in previous posts that ezekial may have had errant prophecies. I believe this to be a possibility.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Jehovah of course had Ezekiel write exactly what he wanted him to write. And by seeking the scriptures we know exactly what Ezekiel meant. He did not say nor mean that Neb would destroy Tyre to the point of never being rebuilt. If Jehovah wanted to say that I suspect he would have said it exactly the way he did about Egypt. He would have said, 'By the hand of Neb Tyre will never be rebuilt' Just as he said 'By the hand of Neb Egypt will cease' etc etc. There is no comparison. But hey if you have a scripture from Isaiah or Zech or another prophet contradicting Ezekiel about Egypt by all means bring it forth.

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

I do have some front and I call that front 'courage' and it takes much courage to appear on this board to defend the truth against those who oppose and ridicule God's loyal Witnesses. If you feel and believe that I should not be here then you have the authority or influence in removing me from this site. Is that your intent?

scholar JW

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

And if you believe that Ezekiel is in error then our point has been accomplished and that is that the Bible disproves 587 to such a point that 587 proponents must disregard the Bible just as kgav above has done. If you want to disregard the Bible then you can argue in favor of anything you like.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Thirdwitness,

Please, review the quoted New World Testement scriptures I posted and show me that Jehovah didn't say that to Ezekiel.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit