Are they at it again...shockin announcement September

by aniron 66 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

We posted about an announcement it was only local to our cong. However we have found out that there is going to be an announcement sometime in September and it is supposed to be shocking. Elders already know. So are their any elders out there who visit this site that could give us the heads up. I posted about 3 or 4 months ago about how a brother's friend went to the Gilead graduation and they were told that the society feels Armageddon will be this year, could this be the shocking announcement. Whatever it is ,it is supposed to be top secret and unbelievable.

Taken from www.e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1502

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can't see them announcing that armageddon is going to happen this year, not after all their previous predictions failed. There are, after all, only 5 months of this year to go, so it would be rather short notice. Surely they can't be that stupid again, or can they...

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

i think there are plenty of active Elders on this site who would have given a "heads up"about this so called shocking announcement.

Bit daft making arrangements for next years conventions though.......

Must admit i do still get a small chill when i read stuff like this though..damn religion..how long before i can just laugh at this sort of nonsense without first having a bad feeling.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ditto, fleaman... what a pisser, huh?

And to all our elders here- dish up the dirt!
    -K

• Kudra
    Kudra

Could it be this?
    This information is posted on another website. Apparently, this fall will mark the distribution of Kingdom News #37 (I think it was 37), entitled, "False Religions End Is Near!" It will be distributed between 10/16 and 11/12. Each publisher is to get 50 copies, and this time, we are supposed to track how many we place, and report it on our time slips. There will be an announcement at the the service meeting the week of September 18.
    (From that same eJW discussion thread)
    Same ol same ol?
    "The talk "False Religion’s End Is Near" was delivered worldwide on April 23, 1995, followed by the distribution of hundreds of millions of copies of a special issue of Kingdom News."

-K (sigh)

• garybuss
    garybuss

In my life time associated with, or watching the Watch Tower Publishing Corporations, every time there was a "big announcement" they released a new mass produced book. Six million copies printed in first edition.
    There was gonna be a BIG announcement at the 1958 New York assembly. That's all my folks and my aunt and uncle talked about all the way there driving 2 days and 2 nights. Know what it was? They were going to "allow" women to give "presentations" to each other at the Ministry School meeting BUT they couldn't look at the audience while they were doing it, only another woman. Hahahaha!!!!
    All hype! If these guys ever do anything unpredictable, I'll eat my hat.
    All these guys have to sell is "the end is near". They're a one product store and the product is old and stale. The only ones to buy it are the very young and the stupid.
    They absolutely CAN'T add another product. It'd kill em.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Remember Haleys Comet and Heavens Gate or whoever those bozos were with the running shoes and the bunk beds?? The Society DOESNT KNOW THE DAY OR THE HOUR....REMEMBER? "NOT EVEN THE SON"

hello....

NOT EVEN JESUS HIMSELF KNOWS KIDS.

The fact that they still can scare you with this crap gives credence to the ability they have to scare you ....its a PAVLOVS DOG reaction to anything the society throws out there. HAS to be true the SOCIETY said it!

1914...1975...um...still here boyz and girlz.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Same ol same ol?

"The talk "False Religion’s End Is Near" was delivered worldwide on April 23, 1995, followed by the distribution of hundreds of millions of copies of a special issue of Kingdom News."

-K (sigh)

yeah, that's the "shocking news" alright..........and I feel you, k, sigh, indeed..........pitiful, eh?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

All air and no poop again, if you ask me.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Shame they dont put their money where their mouth is;

"Armageddon Oct 2 2006 - OR we shut up shop and all go home".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit