Are they at it again...shockin announcement September

by aniron 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Seriously, does anyone know what the announcement is?

"Armageddon is just around the corner. Do more! Do more! " Isn't that the substance of all of their announcements? W

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Maybe a new "Theocraptic Ministry School Guidebook ™". Big whoop!

Dismembered

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I ca remember us all getting ecxited as to what this could be.. what profound change? speculation was rife,

w68 11/1 p. 668 What Did You Get Out of Your "Good News" Assembly? ***

TheWatchtower, February 15, 1968, in announcing these assemblies had stated: "On Friday something is planned that will not only delight you but also no doubt surprise you, for it will have considerable influence on the work that we will be doing during the years to come."

It was only the Truth Book

• Bryan
    Bryan

Nina:

"The Governing Body has decided that they need to relocate away from the evil United States to a field more conducive to the furtherance of the preaching work, so they're taking all of the money that has been amassed by your oh-so-generous donations and moving to Argentina. They'll be in touch with the brothers after they get settled."

Didn't Jim Jones move all his people out of the US to Guyana, not long before 913 of them commited suicide at Jones' order? Bryan

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

and what an envigorating surprise that was! The Truth book, wow!

It's something organizational I'm sure. Maybe they will add another opportunity to feed at Jehoover's Table, as in another "meeting"? Perhaps it will be called the Apathy Testiimony Meeting. They could call it the ATM meeting.

Here they will all sit around and compare notes on who collected the most not-at-homes in a day. They could have weekly totals and prizes!

Now there's something to look forward to!

Wrong.

W.Once

• Borgia
    Borgia

OK, you´ve been wasting so much time on guessing, second guessing, that I can´t stand it any longer. It really drives me crazy to hold back. Here is it straight fro the HQ:

Every publisher will be abled to get a handheld pc with internet access, (proxy and restricted save areas, email,nono to discussion boards and chatrooms) to receive all the literature in pdf format in order to lower production costs worldwide! during the last year or two the brother have not spared any effort to come to the following arrangement: All the bethel facilities are going to be sold, except for the datawarehouse and a few offices for the GB and the writing staff, the service department and legal department. In return every new dub will receive the latest ipaq with gps so its easier to go in the fieldservice. On touch fieldserviceregistration facility. Built in camera for providing evidence of apostacy, fornication, smoking, birthdays, and of course your family pictures. There´s a built in phone as well to provide you with the infrastructure to go into telephone witnessing. On the TMS a new item will be presented: How do I use my ipaq in the fieldservice, for study and meetings.

Jason Bourne. How´s Marie St Jaques?

Cheers

Borgia

• anewme
    anewme

I say they did it before and they are at it again-------1975 all over again!
    Boost the enthusiasm and the converts with fresh hope that the end is very soon!
    "All signs point to the Fall of Babylon the Great Harlot soon!" "The world is poised for all the prophecies to come true in the next year." "Stand and See!" "No Harm Will Befall You!" "Praise Jah You People!"

Got an email from the ex this morning. He seems all excited. He mentioned the temps and said "this isnt anything, just wait!" Says the whole family just signed up to Pioneer.

This morning also my husband asked what is Armaggeddon? I told him it is God destroying the wicked and then there will be a paradise earth. He said "Oh, Im for that."
    I said yeah but the Witnesses say you and I will be among those put to death.
    He said "WHAT??!!!" "Why am I going to be put to death? Ive never murdered anybody! God should only put to death murderers and people who hurt others!" "What about all the witnesses driving around in their gas guzzling cars preaching polluting the earth?" "Or all the forests being cut down to print their magazines that people just pile up in closets or throw away in landfills?" "Why are they any better than me, or my mom, or you?"

So there you have it. Alot of people just do not understand why they would be put to death by their creator? Billions will not understand why. Whole populations will not understand why.
    It doesnt make sense to them at all. It does not appeal to their sense of justice.

It doesnt appeal to mine either. It is not a just solution. God is smart. He could find another way.
    But if it turns out this is the way he decides to do things--------like the crazy dream of John says he will, then so be it, but I'll bet there will be alot of powerful angels doing some heavy thinking about the injustice of it all for the next thousand years.

• anewme
    anewme

Remember Abraham's question?

"But what if there are only 10 righteous men Lord. Will you put the whole city to death if there are ten righteous men inside?"

No, I will not put the city to death if there are ten righteous men.

I never saw him or his brother do any of the things you and I have done for Jehovah for many years.
    Why did Lot qualify to live or his daughters?????
    This same God is supposedly going to put to death billions of innocent people who know very little about him?

The story does not make good sense. None of it does.

The city of Nineveh was spared because "they repented". It doesnt say they became worshipers of Jehovah!
    Or started to attend the five meetings a week at the KH.

There are so many examples in the Bible of people who did little to deserve Gods favor and blessing but who did receive it. One gal gave the old prophet food and water. Another preached for a couple of years.
    One hid some Israelite spies. One slept with King David and became the mother of Solomon. (she didnt scream) I could go on and on. God blesses who he wants. Not who the Watchtower says. But serve the org for 40 years and disagree on something and yer outta here! Destruction for you buddy!

It does not make sense to the average human sense of justice.

Armaggeddon must be some lunatic fanatic's dream answer to his frustrations with others who dont agree with him. Kill them all and start over with sheep like followers.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I heard they are banning booze..

GBL

• seek2find
    seek2find

I still think it will be that everyone that doesn't take part in the campaign in Oct. will be considered no longer a witness. seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit