I Threw Away My Entire Watchtower Library Today

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Everything from the 1st WT. volumes in the 1800's to 2002.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What a pity. Someone might have paid you for those older publications.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I threw away most of mine too. I've still got about half of it, but I don't want the garbage men (or me) to injure themselves, so I'm throwing it out a bit at a time.

Amazing how much room you have left afterwards, eh?

W

• arwen
    arwen

Now that was one giant step to take. A big step towards your freedom. Congratulations!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Mine has been landfill for a decade now. Who knows, maybe it's rotting pages have become the rebirth of another tree by now.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'll bet that was therapeutic. I haven't got around to sorting mine out yet, but I will.

• hubert
    hubert

Gee, Min, I hope you kept the "juicy" ones.

Hubert

• freetosee
    freetosee

Min,

I’m sure you feel relieved now. It’s hard to believe we once considered it so precious as light from Jehovah. But you might regret trashing the 1800’s. I regret loosing some of my old early WT literature. Did you at least give the early writings to another apostate? I whish I had original Russell writings. Are your books destroyed?

Freetosee

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Could you retrieve them from the garbage?

I'd like to give them to my JW mother who claims to be one of the 144k.

I think it would help her.

• carla
    carla

Why throw them out? Wouldn't it feel just as good to donate them to an anti cult ministry? I'm sure Randy at Freeminds could sell them or some other site. Sometimes the originals are needed especially when elders or ms's are involved. Even then they question the source of where you bought it and if it is 'really' an original. I once even offered to pay half the cost of having the paper and ink tested. Once they saw that they might have to shell out they declined and agreed it could be the original. Seeing as we were sitting in a kh don't ya think they could have compared? I don't think they had anything to compare it to. They refused to write Brookln for a copy too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit