I Threw Away My Entire Watchtower Library Today

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

At one time I was on the verge of throwing out all my Wt books (from C.T.Russell's writings to 2004) but made many of a fine witness to JW witnesses and others using these old publications. So at this time I still have the large Library and send out photo copies to any who request any information on the Borg. This has been my healing . Before throwing them out one should check with Randy at Freeminds.com to see if he can use them or even myself (Investigator74).

• mama1119
    mama1119

We just moved so I used that as an opportunity to clean house and threw all that junk away. My Dad threw his away about a year ago, it is so FREEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• anewme
    anewme

Maybe the Society is hoping you will all throw them out so the evidence against them will be destroyed.
    If everyone threw away this stuff there would be nothing posted on the internet and we wouldnt be here discussing 1975 or changes in the blood policy over the years or see clearly the Watchtower has been crying its the end for a 100 years!

I know they are ugly volumes, but there are fellow apostates who desire them and would gladly take them off your hands.

• minimus
    minimus

I got a call from a friend who's on this board and he's interested in them. I told him where they were if he can retrieve them before they are totally gone.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I know that the WTS literature is cultic trash full of heretical apostate material from day one to the present but you could have sold the older publications for some money to researchers.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I pitched most everything I had, but only kept my Revelation book, Live Forever in Paradise book. Also, from my grandfather's old collection, I have an older bible from the 70's (?), which has some different wording here and there from the newer bibles, and a Watchtower BV from some time in the 1950's stating they would approve of putting to death all disfellowshipped people (or was it just apostates?) as was done in Hebrew times, but those pesky "laws of Caeser" keep getting in the way of them having any fun. I really liked that one.

Off topic, I've seen two different videos from Africa (one internet and one on the "current" station on cable) of women getting stoned to death. Horrendous. These ancient Hebrews the JWs aspire to copy? Savages.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I would like the B V

awake from 1968

too bad

• anewme
    anewme

Did I ever tell you how when I was about oh 24 this JW young man liked me alot and invited me to his house and showed me his dad's humongous Watchtower collection????

I kid you not-------I saw the very first Watchtower and the second and the third and so on! It was VERY impressive!

All the pamphlets, mags, books, flyers, brochures, volumes, EVERYTHING THE SOCIETY HAS EVER PRINTED was in that room! And guess what? The kid got dfd!!!!! AND HE IS AN ONLY CHILD!!!!

One of these days coming soon he will inherit all his parents stuff! We need to encourage him to safeguard his vast collection for apostate posterity!!!!!

Unfortunately I do not know his whereabouts. I have been looking for him among the internet.

Where are you D.A.???????

• james_woods
    james_woods

I read this with some interest. I did the same thing way back in the early 80's.

It was a sort of feeling - "OK, now I have studied this stuff enough to know where it went wrong. Now I just want rid of this crap."

It did help to make the symbolic effort to just toss it into the trash. I also was thinking "I don't really want my non-witness new social friends to see this literature around my house."

And this from a person who likes books a lot, and you will hardly ever see me throw one away.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm happy to report that the literature has all been taken by an exjw who helps JWs get out of the cult. I'm glad this will be benefitting others!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit