Question about shunning from someone who has never been a JW....

by whyizit 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Gunshy
    Gunshy

Hi Lola,

You're not worthy of death, sweetie.

You're just no longer conducive to those that are trying to get the work done. That's the choice you made and you'll have to suffer for it. Not everyone can handle the pressures that are bound to get worse. but I can assure you, it's gonna be worse for the ones outside of the arrangement.

This isn't a case of you wandering away, dear. This is a blatant move on your part to defect from the work. That's entirely your decision.

If you told Jesus you no longer wanted to be his disciple, what would you expect him to say or do?

(Matthew 12:30) . . .He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.

It only gets harder the longer you are away dear. It won't get any better. The pain you're feeling gets worse and worse. Of course you'll have to learn that on your own.

• lola28
    lola28
    You're not worthy of death, sweetie

According to an email I got from an elder that I love and trusted I am.

This isn't a case of you wandering away, dear. This is a blatant move on your part to defect from the work. That's entirely your decision.

Gunshy, my heart was not in it anymore and yet I stuck it out because I did not want to hurt the brothers and sisters that cared about me. I had doubts for a long time and yet I never tried to lead anyone away from the "truth", because I respect them and love them enough to allow them to believe in what they feel is right. So why can't the Society see that we are no "evil"apostates why can't they just see that we are people who have chosen to go on a diffrent path?

Lola

• Gunshy
    Gunshy

I have to take sides with Jehovah on this one, friend. I hope one day you'll understand why.

• lola28
    lola28
    I have to take sides with Jehovah on this one, friend. I hope one day you'll understand why

I know you do and I also understand why.I can be a lot of things but never dishonest, no use in pretending to believe in something that I know I don't believe in. Jehovah can read hearts right? If that's the case then I KNOW I will be okay in his eyes, even with all the pain I feel now, I know everything will be okay.

Lola-Gunshy it really is nice to have you here.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

he reason I ask is because anyone can accuse. Proving something is another story.

Imagine a world where we could have people killed merely by accusing them without proof?

Imagine a world where we could have people believing the bible is an inspired works without proof. Imagine a world where people believe that a virgin bore a child without proof. Imagine a world where people follow an organization that was started by one man who believed that God gave him the truth - without proof. Imagine the same people following the next leader of that organization because he was Gods channel - without proof. Imagine a hundred years later more people following the same organization with all of its altered truths because it's leaders believe they are Gods mouthpieces - without proof. swife.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I still don't see a shred of a scripture that justifies smoking as a disfellowshipping offence.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Not everyone can handle the pressures that are bound to get worse. but I can assure you, it's gonna be worse for the ones outside of the arrangement.

If you told Jesus you no longer wanted to be his disciple, what would you expect him to say or do?

This is another aspect which troubles me...equating leaving the Society with leaving Jesus or Jehovah. I know they've been saying that in the Watchtowers and the talks. A year ago, I would be apologizing for the Society just as you do now. But I'm tired of them raising themselves up to heavenly stature.

I respect your convictions as I hope you would respect mine and everyone else's. Take sides with God, indeed. Jesus will know his disciples, wherever they may be.

• jgnat
    jgnat

SirNose, I have the same reservations about referring a youth in trouble to the elders for support. An addict needs a healthy support network to help overcome his problems. The last thing he needs is to be booted out on his own.

Having raised two teenagers successfully, I can testify to the need for a complete arsenal of tools and tips to get us through. There's negotiating, establishing limits, setting appropriate consequences and rewards, building their confidence, and bluffing.

If all I'd had was patience, study, removal of priveledges and shunning, there is no way we would all have scraped through.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    SirNose, I have the same reservations about referring a youth in trouble to the elders for support. An addict needs a healthy support network to help overcome his problems. The last thing he needs is to be booted out on his own.

The only reason kid-M still goes to the meetings is because of convenience. That guy and his best friend both have a problem with underage drinking, and if not going to the meetings carried no penalty, they would leave right now. Only the fear of loosing out on social contacts, and convenience, keeps them in.

If I had visual proof of their drunkenness, I would suggest a teen AA program. I will suggest it to my friend as an avenue of help, but there's no telling how those two will take it. After all, the four of us are good friends, so I'm trying to develop a way to suggest to them that they need help, but to do it as a friend, not as an MS or anything. One night, Kid-M got drunk and made his younger friend drive home. The guy he made drive the car is in trouble with the law because they got pulled over. I really don't want to see them dead on the road from an accident, or in jail from getting in a bar fight.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maybe the next time they get a really bad scare or close call, say something like, "I care about you man, I don't want you to end up broken or dead. You gotta do something. Join AA."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit