Question about shunning from someone who has never been a JW....

by whyizit 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hello, Gunshy. I am pretty new here too. But I have read a few posts from some that would defend the position of Jehovah's Witnesses on this forum. Number one, if you think disfellowshipping is scriptural and right, why not go into the back room with a few elders and fess up to them that you have been not only reading but actively participating in an apostate site? This after the convention in which all were to swear that they would not go to "chat rooms" such as this? You have been a BAD BOY!!!! You may be able to find out for yourself how loving an arrangement of disfellowshipping is!!!

I would like to tell you from my experience the problem I have with disfellowshipping. My teenage child was taken into a back room where men tried to force her for two and one-half hours to admit to fornication. This after telling my husband that there was no accusation against her of it. They made her read a scripture from Revelation that she was filth in God's eyes and would burn in the lake of fire with the devil and his angels.

Try explaining to me-or better yet-show me a scripture that says that elders have the right to harshly condemn everlastingly a young person.

I think if you read some of the stories on this forum you will find that treatment such as this is not an isolated case. Men whose purpose is to heal and counsel in love have set themselves up over others as those who would crush them.

Your writing reveals you to be a youngish person without a lot of personal experience or feelings for others. You should do well in this organization--that is, if you don't reveal to them that you've already been involved in a disfellowshipping event.

Everyone-am I right?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Gunshy,

Can I ask you, is it possible to be disfellowship (and therefore shunned) for vocalizing differences with the orginization?

If you think it is possible, can you explain why.

steve

• Quandry
    Quandry

What has happened to Gunshy? I was waiting for a reply. Is he shy?

• Gunshy
    Gunshy

"Number one, if you think disfellowshipping is scriptural and right, why not go into the back room with a few elders and fess up to them that you have been not only reading but actively participating in an apostate site? This after the convention in which all were to swear that they would not go to "chat rooms" such as this? You have been a BAD BOY!!!! You may be able to find out for yourself how loving an arrangement of disfellowshipping is!!!"

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This is why we need regular reminders. We all have a tendency to forget.

Farewell everyone.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Aw, Quandry, you party-pooper.

steve

• jgnat
    jgnat

Drat. He found the exit door. I was so hoping to hit my 10,000 post in a grand debate.

Quandry, I noticed he only posts on weekdays, so he may be responding from a work computer.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Quandary: Everyone-am I right?

Technically, yes. Ethically, it depends on your objective.

If you meant to drive away a JW poster or make other JW posters shy away from posting here by inspiring the guilt-ridden feelings that serve the interests of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society overlords, you were spot on.

If you intended to help a JW realize their situation and spark new thoughts, I think you fell pretty far short of the mark. But you are fairly new to this, too. Reminding posters of the guilt they "should" be feeling per JW doctrine is, in my opinion, a poor way to encourage their continued involvement.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Quandry
    Quandry

Auld Soul---Oooooops!!!! Technically, you are right. He just struck a very hot recent nerve. I boiled over. Especially with the condescending "sweetie" and "dearie" to posters. All the feelings are still very raw for me. There are a few "men" -and I use the term loosely -that have made my family go through hell. They are still smugly in their positions. They dare to view our family as causing divisions in the congregation because we do not fawn all over them in appreciation for crushing the spiritual life out of a little sheep. Smug and condescending. Does it get more loving than that?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Quandary,

I know exactly what you mean. No worries. I recently had an infrequent JW poster attempt to Scripturally (and imperiously) educate me about a matter of basic hygeine on what amounted to a "DUH!" common sense issue. This poster closed with the following attempt to describe my situation (plight? ) as a "Catch-22".

Now, will you accept that? This is going to be interesting. By accepting this, you will be unknowingly admitting you have much to learn regarding scriptural understanding. By denying this, you will prove that you are not living by the scriptures. What will it be?

LOL! What a joke!

Even if this person sincerely had my best interests at heart could they possibly have done a more complete job, short of hurling curses upon my family name, of making certain I reject both them and their "scriptural understanding"?

Gunshy,

In case you are still lurking and reading, in this thread you made at least a mistake and at worst you tried to mislead the forum about something Jesus said:

Gunshy: He taught his followers to "wipe the dust" of unbelievers off their feet.

This is incorrect. Flatly erroneous. Jesus told his followers to shake the dust of inhospitable persons off their feet.

Matthew 10:11-15
    “Into whatever city or village YOU enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until YOU leave. When YOU are entering into the house, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace YOU wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from YOU return upon YOU. Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet. Truly I say to YOU, It will be more endurable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on Judgment Day than for that city."
    Luke 9:1-6 Then he called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to cure sicknesses. And so he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God and to heal, and he said to them: “Carry nothing for the trip, neither staff nor food pouch, nor bread nor silver money; neither have two undergarments. But wherever YOU enter into a home, stay there and leave from there. And wherever people do not receive YOU, on going out of that city shake the dust off YOUR feet for a witness against them.” Then starting out they went through the territory from village to village, declaring the good news and performing cures everywhere.

If you are going to quote my Lord and Savior, do try to avoid twisting his words to suit your personal or organizational agenda.

Brandon

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

WELL! I don't get to log on much anymore so I missed the exit. I think gunshy may post as another newbie or perhaps an oldie but will return. He likes himself too much not to be here anymore. I will respond anyhoo.
    gunshy I have posted to this thread a few times now and read your response. It is now clear to me that you comprehend what you read however necessary to fit your argument. But that’s ok, especially when it comes to reading the Bible; most, if not all, of us are guilty of that sometime.

I was never dfpd for smoking. My use of the smoking example was simply fitting since jgnat asked you to supply biblical info with regard to smoking specifically.

I was not talking about what is healtful, sensible, or lawful. I am referring to what is sinful, biblically speaking

I figured you ignored her because there is no scriptural reference to be found on “smoking” but plenty on being unclean. But still, where does it or will it stop with the power and control issues the GB wants to maintain over followers of "Jesus"?

My mother, who has partaken for more then 40 years, was a chain smoker. She smoked 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey when the society gave everyone 6months or be disfellowshiped after the SG announced the dangers of smoking. Personally I believe the choice should have been left to the individual. You see, she would have quit ANYWAY based on the findings of the SG. But because of the “threats” of the GB, she went through a much more difficult time then nessessary and with no support.

You see, plmkrzy, your words themselves suggest you are in disagreement with the WTS. Is it your smoking that has you marked until this day or is it your blatant attempts to turn others to your side (divide) and away from the WTS, refusing to give up the unclean thing (smoking) that has you marked?

It is my words themselves that you haven't paid any attention to. Or perhaps you are just attempting to insult me in your own way. Or perhaps you’re just dancing?

plm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit