Limits on paper towel, tp usage at DA's. What next? Have fun w/suggestions

by juni 63 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I went to several DCs where a restroom near the WT convention administration office was reserved only for the "staff." I used it all the time and dared the brother/sister guarding the entrance to stop me...can't touch me!

Blondie

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Back in the 80's, a brother(illegal) from Mexico was in our cong. We told me that in Mexico, bathroom attendants would hand out 3 squares of tp as you went in. Yep, there was no tp in the stall - you were alloted your share before you went in.
    Even when I was a hardcore follower, I always wondered why the WTS couldn't provide for my brothers down in Mexico. That stuck with me for the longest time until I finally figured out that it is all about the $$$.
    --Jourles
    Funny you should mention that! When I was down in Mexico, one brother complained that there was no TP or hand towels in the bathrooms to me and my friend. "Every time you go in there, they're all gone." I'm not sure how much was exaggeration, and how much was sad, sad truth. Three little squares is a pitiful amount.
    In the late 80's I attended a convention in Europe. There were sister patrols in the bathrooms that would knock at your stall door telling you your time was up.
    --wannaexit
    That's out of control. You're an adult...but yet you can't think for yourself and you can't take too long in the bathroom. Unreal.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Sales for Depends must have sky-rocketed in that area. Hell...I would have ripped those coverings off those mirrors and stuffed them down the throats of the elders at the "administration" table. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I remember one time I had to go just after the 2nd talk started although I had gone just before the session. I was walking to the restroom and an attendant stopped me to find out where I was going...

Me: to the restroom

Him: Why didn't you go before the session?

Me: What makes you think I didn't? (answer a question with a question)

Him: Uh........... (as I looked at his badge and jotted down his name and congregation)

I went to the restroom then made a stop in administration to ask if they had instructed the attendants to stop sisters and question whether they should be going to the restroom, as if we children. I gave them is name/congregation and left.

I saw him later and he turned and walked the other way. My spy in administration said he had been called in and chewed out (but they did let him stay an attendant).

Some brothers just become power mad...

Blondie

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

The last dc I went to the PO 'suggested' what the brothers and sisters should bring in terms of food. And people followed it right down to the letter.

A sandwich, a bag of chips and something to drink. I think he allotted for some fruit. It had to fit under the seat. I remember staring at him thinking, you can't be serious?

I went to McDonalds anyway. I think actually for that one I skipped most of it and told everyone I got lost in Rochester, Mich which is right down the road from Pontiac, so I sat in the car and listened to parts of it while drinking my McDonalds coke and nibbling on french fries. Haha.

BSoM

• ronin1
    ronin1

After reading these posts, I had to share my experience.

Back in 1983 I attended an international convention in Haiti with over 500 other JW delegates.

The convention was outside in an open stadium on folding chairs or you could sit in the concrete stands. Many of the brothers and sisters had only one bible and song book per family, so we found ourselves giving them our publications, etc.Nevertheless, at some time I and my roommate had to go to the bathroom.

Well, we did not know that the convention had apportioned off a certain part of the stadium of bathroom facilities for the delegates from outside the country- namely U.S. , France, and Martinique. So we went to the nearest facility being used by the Haitian sisters. Much to our surprise and discust, when we arrived and stood on line, there was an attendent handling out toilet paper. But!, the number of sheets you received were based on what you had to do in the bathroom- if you were only going to urinate, then you received less that if ,,,,,,,,,,,,you know what.

Anyway, we finally get inside and realize there are not toilets for just u...................... That's right, all the sisters were standing in an open pit u............. and other assigned sisters were using brooms and mops to brush down the ur.................into an open hole. We could not believe that this was Jehovah's Organization ...........so unclean and unsanitary. We quickly left and decided we would 'hold it' until we got back to our hotel room.............It was the most discusting thing I have ever experienced. Also, a tour of the entire country back then revealed to us the major unsanitary conditions and unclean water supply in the country. We made sure we did not drink anything but bottled water........etc. We did not eat ice cream or ices..........etc.

It was truly an educational trip to another country.

P.S.- Haiti was overall a beautiful country back then until the revolution and the fall out of Duvalier............etc..

Ronin1

• parakeet
    parakeet

Eliminate bathroom time and waste by requiring adult diapers for everybody (bring your own, of course).

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This last convention I made sure to "use" about 20 paper towels per bathroom trip. Also, if some drops of soap extended from the dispenser to a big puddle on the floor, who was I to be blamed?

• caligirl
    caligirl

I remember seeing the taped over mirrors back in 95, and it was "requested" on a sign that we use only 2 paper towels.

As for Mexico, you will find people handing out TP in limited amounts lots of places, not just conventions. When we went to Tiajuana, at the dance clubs, they have people in the bathroom handing out TP, and you are supposed to put it in the trash can when you are done, not the toilet because the plumbing is so bad that even a few squares of paper can clog it all up.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I have seen mirrors covered over at district conventions here in North Carolina in the womens bathrooms. No one mentioned but everyone was afraid to tear it down. I saw some teenage girls tear a corner down so they could reapply their make up. I thought that was like treating us grown women like little children. I resented it big time. If they bought enough toilet paper and paper towels with all the donations they got it would not be a problem in the bathrooms. Idiot men who were running things. One was probably my idiot ex-husband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit