Limits on paper towel, tp usage at DA's. What next? Have fun w/suggestions

by juni 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

We had a woman at work that would use so much toilet paper it was crazy. Every day we went through 5 rolls of toilet paper and 3 rolls of paper towels. We even bought those seat liner things and she would use them because they're too thin. Now that she's gone, we only replace one of each. I wonder how she would have reacted at a convention that they handed out towels. I would have paid to see it.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

We used to attend the chicago conventions at the horse race track and had to CLEAN the whole damn place beforehand which was by and in and of itself DISGUSTING and STINKY. Mostly there were GUY johns in the place so they converted some to WOMENS johns...which DONT allow for nursing and baby changing sisters who NEED TIME AND SPACE to do such things while the guys just blew in let it fly and blew out! It was GROSS. And they covered the mirrors so that vanity wouldnt hold up the lines. Gawd....Hated it hated it hated it...and I was one of the ones who volunteered to dole out food, food tickets, chicken sandwiches, Shasta and vanilla pudding to ungrateful greedy nasty impatience Dubs.

I remember reading about there being OUT OF ORDER signs on the vending machines located all over the place at those conventions when the reality was they were unplugged by the brothers...and at that time the brothers wanted to make SURE you spent your money onTHEIR food....and when someone tried to plug in one of those machines theywere SOUNDLY told off by a guarding attendant!

After I was left alone for an hour every day after the sessions by my ass kissing husband (who had to go be seen cleaning up and sweeping and all that crap but NOT helping his WIFE) to care for a newborn, exhausted 4 year old and a 6 year old , as well as making sure we had food, baby supplies, literature, song books and cases and all that shit....for the next day...I vowed it was the LAST TIME I would attend one of these CULT meetings. And it was. July 1995.

• juni
    juni

Hi lovesdubs.

The HAWTHORNE RACETRACK. What a dive! And filthy. Remember well.

Juni

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Set up a booth next to the washroom door passing out old magazines to those going in, and count each magazine as a 'placement'?

• dvw
    dvw

this loving provision brought to you by: the same assholes who fly first class, everywhere the go.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

It's threads like these that reinforce my decision to leave was a hell of a good one. Maybe if all us "apostates" dumped our old literature at the DC's marked "for use as ass-wipers" (thanks for that idea Blondie)...they'd stop and think a minute. Oh no...they can't think by themselves for even that long. I know I couldn't for all those years.

Tonight I'm going to take a big dump and use tons of toilet paper....JUST BECAUSE I CAN!!

mumsy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I keep coming back to this thread reading about the mirrors covered at conventions in disbelief.

I think of the obediant ones that might be in need of a mirror.......to see to take care of contact lens needs, maybe a problem with a newly pierced ear, and not taking the paper off trying to blindly care for themselves.

Witnesses are to have life saving information, with the responsibility of preaching this to people with a final judgement of life or death if not handled proplerly and yet can't discern the proper use of a mirror in a bathroom!?!

The change of wording from individual mags to the bound volumes and this seem to be the two things the society has done that I find most disturbing.

I just had no idea and find the whole thing creepier than ever before. Toilet paper is such a primary staple, easily accessable commidity, it's unbelievable to me, that in a gathering of such a large number of people that it would be something of such value to be doled out!

What if you are in a stall and the little bit of paper you were given just totally will not do the job? Could you ask for more? I am not trying to be any weirder than the controll of usage. But I was so abiding and obeying, timid......easily swayed to not care for my needs, I would have suffered quietly and felt like I should have been able to take care of myself with 3 pieces of paper and no mirror if i needed it. The pounding in our heads that all this was from Jehovah God and how he looks out and cares for us.

ok.......I must be PMSing....another bathroom problem within itself.

purps

• juni
    juni
    Tonight I'm going to take a big dump and use tons of toilet paper....JUST BECAUSE I CAN!!

mumsy

You go girl!!

Purple sofa - Don't you know that's what backpacks are for? For conventions you better pack everything you'll need for that day!! Couldn't you just hear some sister 5 stalls down yelling for more paper and the one w/the backpack lovingly passes some on to the next person who passes it on .......... "give to the one in need some of yours." Matt. 50:5 JV

Juni

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Couldn't you just hear some sister 5 stalls down yelling for more paper and the one w/the backpack lovingly passes some on to the next person who passes it on .......... "give to the one in need some of yours."

This made me think of something funny that happened at a convention in the bathroom. I had a disposable camera and propped it up on the toilet paper holder............as I got up, I knocked the camera off and it fell on the floor in the next stall flashing away........

I was horrified as was the sister in the next stall............She was adament in returning the camera, as you could understand. LOL

The pics came back with no rated X pics........but it was quite funny.

purps

(does not share from stall to stall well!!!)

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Juni,

I heard the one paper towel suggestion at an assembly a couple of years ago. It was announced during one of the stand up and listen as we tell you all the important things you need to know before we let you sit down again interludes.( I always thought it was funny how people wouldn't sit down UNTIL they were told to do so.)

Anyway I knew "brothers" and "sisters" whose "privledge" it was to resuppy the tp and paper towels, and asked about the change. Each and every one proudly stated that it was about time they clamped down on the toliet paper and paper towel abusers. Yep..they were on a mission from god and damn proud to do their part in ridding the world of toilet paper and paper towel abusers.Something they could tell the important Bible characters about when they welcomed them back from their long sleep I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit