Limits on paper towel, tp usage at DA's. What next? Have fun w/suggestions

by juni 63 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

2 sheets of paper towel for hand drying, controlled use of toilet paper, don't dawdle while in the stall, covered mirrors, what next?

How about maximum of 2 trips to the bathroom per day otherwise you are written up by Brother bathroom monitor. If more than that you are put on cleaning duty after the day's sessions are done.

You can consider other things besides the bathroom rules.

Juni

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    covered mirrors,

???????? Really?

• Severus
    Severus

Yes, I have seen that. Seems to be a "brother's" answer to the sister's cue.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Back in the 80's, a brother(illegal) from Mexico was in our cong. We told me that in Mexico, bathroom attendants would hand out 3 squares of tp as you went in. Yep, there was no tp in the stall - you were alloted your share before you went in.

Even when I was a hardcore follower, I always wondered why the WTS couldn't provide for my brothers down in Mexico. That stuck with me for the longest time until I finally figured out that it is all about the $$$.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

In the late 80's I attended a convention in Europe. There were sister patrols in the bathrooms that would knock at your stall door telling you your time was up.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

How about a "Just Hold It for Jehovah" campaign?

• anewme
    anewme

Whats next? Forced Kool-Aid

Seriously, Juni, you heard them suggest only two tissues per "visit" at the DC?

Well there you are. A huge group of people (many who have spent their entire adult lives in the org going to the DCs) and they are still suggesting they are all a bunch of hooligan imbeciles!

This perhaps is the rawest issue for me Juni. I did not leave the Society over its sensational dire false prophecies of the future or its lack of math skills concerning the rise and falls of empires and the second coming.

I left because of this......numbskull repetitious corraling and controlling of us every minute of our lives and in every aspect of our lives. We were all living by dos and donts. I was even always telling others what the dos and donts of life were. I was condemning and condescending of everyone and myself. (Im sure there were brothers and sisters counting how many paper towels people were using! Idiots!)

Anewme

• juni
    juni

I left because of this......numbskull repetitious corraling and controlling of us every minute of our lives and in every aspect of our lives. We were all living by dos and donts. I was even always telling others what the dos and donts of life were. I was condemning and condescending of everyone and myself. (Im sure there were brothers and sisters counting how many paper towels people were using! Idiots!) / words of anewme

I felt the same way anewme! I heard from others about the paper towel limitation. Can you believe that?!

Yeah. I, too, was a good little dub following all of their rules until it finally drove me literally crazy.

Sounds like you are doing good! That's great. Still visiting w/your mom in law (rose garden) on the weekends? Have a great weekend. It is very hot here. In the high 90's.

Hugs,

Juni

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Next thing you know they will stop supplying paper products completely. You will have to bring it with you!!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I left because of this......numbskull repetitious corraling and controlling of us every minute of our lives and in every aspect of our lives

Bullseye!

It took a Sunday Public Talk where the speaker counseledâ„¢ the youths in attendance about how much math they should take in school for me to fully, finally realize that I was done with JWism

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit