by Steve Lowry 106 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    Who you gonna call

Ghostbusters!

555-2368!!

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"Absolutely plausible. Our conscious minds have immediate access to only a minute fraction of the information that the mind actually records. Are you familiar with the practice of therapists using hypnosis to uncover details of patient's experience that they can't seem to recall consciously? I think you greatly underestimate the power of the mind."

Ok, lemme get this straight. The eyes are flashed a Ouija Board. The brain instantly memorizes the Board in its entirety with only a moment’s opportunity to do so. Then, with the brain locked out of vision by having its eyes closed, the mind even though blinded can then quickly, effortlessly and flawlessly command the hands to maneuver a piece of felt bottomed plastic all around said Board. All the while stopping exactly on certain letters and numbers to answer questions, and do all this without error (as in my case). Also, keep in mind that the subject has not undergone any hypnosis in the preparation for this exercise, but the subject’s mind can still successfully connect seamlessly with the hidden subconscious and execute the aforementioned exercise without error.

Or,

There is another realm which we cannot see, where there are entities that when asked to participate can use the energies supplied by two human volunteers to help manipulate a plastic pointer around Ouija Board, answering questions.

Which takes the greater leap of faith? For me, I’m open to any answer that seems within the realm of possibility. Since I believe in a spiritual plain of existence then its somewhat easier for me to see a spiritual entity involved, than the mind jumping through what seems to me to be illogical hoops. I don’t want to discount the mind either, as I do believe in the untapped powers of the human mind. Frankly, I don’t quite get why a spiritual entity would be interested in playing around with a Ouija Board. Like, wouldn’t it have better things to do than push around a little piece of plastic to entertain humans? I dunno. I don’t have the answers. I maintain an open mind for all possibilities. Very good dialoging with you. Very interesting stuff, this.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"Still, never having personally experienced unexplainable phenomenon, I am reluctant to open the door, as it were, by attempting contact. I must admit that I have been looking at various talking boards for sale on the internet, so who knows."

Hey Dave, thanks for joining the thread!

Ok, I'm gonna tell you what I have told many friends over the years after this discussion has arisen. Stay away form the Ouija Board. This may sound like contradictory advice considering I have been discussing the Ouija at length here in this thread. I don’t know what exactly it is that moves the plastic pointer (planchette) on the Ouija Board, but it ain’t nice whatever it is. There are documented cases where people have gone mad playing around with it. I know from personal experience that these ‘spirits’ are not benevolent. In the beginning when you realize you aren’t the one(s) moving the planchette, it’s a great rush and very exciting. But eventually the ‘spirits’ want more and more. I know it sounds strange and I could give examples, but suffice to say, stay away form it. That’s my advice anyway. It’s still very interesting to discuss however.

• daystar
    daystar
    Ok, lemme get this straight. The eyes are flashed a Ouija Board. The brain instantly memorizes the Board in its entirety with only a moment’s opportunity to do so. Then, with the brain locked out of vision by having its eyes closed, the mind even though blinded can then quickly, effortlessly and flawlessly command the hands to maneuver a piece of felt bottomed plastic all around said Board. All the while stopping exactly on certain letters and numbers to answer questions, and do all this without error (as in my case). Also, keep in mind that the subject has not undergone any hypnosis in the preparation for this exercise, but the subject’s mind can still successfully connect seamlessly with the hidden subconscious and execute the aforementioned exercise without error.

You got it! This is a much more feasible explanation than that some invisible entity is at hand (though not presupposing necessarily that they don't exist).

Have you ever gone through any exercises where you are shown a photo or a scene for only a very brief moment and asked to recall very detailed information about it? If you have, you know that it is quite difficult to retrieve the information. However, practice will show that your mind does retain every single detail, but because our conscious minds are so very accustomed to narrowing down the focus automatically, we don't readily have access to the information. Our subconsious, however, does.

With practice, the conscious mind can recall the details of such a mental image, quite accurately.

• daystar
    daystar

steve

I'm gonna tell you what I have told many friends over the years after this discussion has arisen. Stay away form the Ouija Board.

For what it's worth, this is also the opinion of a larger section of the occult community.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"You got it! This is a much more feasible explanation . . . "

I think we're just gonna have to part company on this one. That just seems way to much for the mind to achieve, to me. Oh well, no biggie.

Steve

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"For what it's worth, this is also the opinion of a larger section of the occult community."

Yes, I am aware of this. Its kinda ironic, but its true.

• daystar
    daystar
    I think we're just gonna have to part company on this one. That just seems way to much for the mind to achieve, to me. Oh well, no biggie.

No harm, no foul. But you might consider looking into it. You may be surprised. One book I might recommend around the subject is C.G. Jung's Psychology and the Occult. In it of particular interest is a case regarding a young girl's semi-somnambulism and automatism.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"No harm, no foul. But you might consider looking into it. You may be surprised. One book I might recommend around the subject is C.G. Jung's Psychology and the Occult. In it of particular interest is a case regarding a young girl's semi-somnambulism and automatism."

Thanks, I'll look into it. Hey, inquiring minds wanna know! ;u) Good chating with you.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Steve and Sadie, you have a pm.

Daystar, thanks for the apology but there was no need for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit