Well, I think my apartment is haunted.

by Steve Lowry 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Okay, so more question for you: Does most of this phenonema occur after sunset? If so, what are the most frequent times? Also, do you notice any unexplained water puddles?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Our ghost moved our fridge out 18 inches from the wall. It ungplugged lamps,etc.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I won't post all of my experiences, but just relate one , where both my husband and I saw something. It was daylight, I was showering, and he was shaving at the sink in bathroom attacked to a bedroom. I got out of the shower and was toweling off and looked up and saw black smoke looking cloud in the bedroom , near a window.. I was stunned nearly into silence but managed to alert my husband. we both stood and watched it go through the wall to the outside. We were shook up but just did what the wts advises, we prayed. We then just went on with our day. We had numerous problems in that house, but that one is the most vivid I recall.

I went to that site someone gave. looks interesting.

In regards to your problem Steve, I'd do what some have suggested. Try talking to the "presence" and telling them that you live in this apartment now, and they need to leave. Tell them they are no longer alive here on earth, and this is your home and tell them to leave.I've heard of things like that working. woth a try.

My mom told me that she used to see a man walking around in the kitchen at night. She asid he seemed to have a bit of a glow about him, otherwise she would nto hav been able to se him. she was so terrifed she just lay there. He never bothered her.

• Kudra
    Kudra

There is no "supernatural".
    These experiences have a basis in either something out of the ordinary happening that can be explained without invoking the supernatural or are products of the mind.
    The mind is extremely powerful. I respect everyone's experience but it has NEVER EVER been proven that there is anything like ESP, aliens, ghosts, whathaveyou.
    Any story of the supernatural that has ever been investigated has been found to have a basis in reality. Mental or physical. Not ghosts or aliens.
    I had, when I was a JW and believed in the supernatural, I had what I thought were demon visits. Now I know exactly the mechanism behind what my mind was producing. Please, it is so liberating to free yourself from the superstitions and beliefs that make you fearful and unknowing.
    -K
    ***no BS class***

• FMZ
    FMZ

Kudra... I have studied research on the paranormal for about 2 years now, and from your post, I can see you have done no research whatsoever. Also, I doubt you have ever had a truly paranormal experience (too much "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude in the world) yourself. Admittedly, the hypnopompic and hypnogogic paralyzation you just described is a completely physical phenomenon, but please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

There is much research being done on the paranormal (or the closely related supernatural), and it is becoming quite obvious that there is much more to it than most scientists would like us to believe. Just think... one single experiment has recently shattered parts of the theory of relativity that scientists hold so dear (I'll get references if you would like), what next? The scientists with a vested interest in the materially-based philosophy of Western science obviously try to disregard the data provided, as it would hurt their wallets.

I don't mean to digress from the thread, but Kudra, please do a little research before you tell the original poster that it's all in his head. It sounds from the original post that Steve has ruled out other possibilities.

Anyhow, now that is over with... Steve, I agree with the prevailing opinion that you need to communicate with this spirit. You can do it verbally or mentally. Put the thoughts and your energy out there, and see what comes back. I cleared one location of a "lost soul" once, simply by communicating with it.

If you aren't sure how, or are unable to, then drop me a message and let me know where you live bro. I might be able to find a contact in your area to clear your house.

Always in love.

KJ

• Kudra
    Kudra

First of all-to Steve, sorry if I came across as judging you on your experience... who am I to say, right...? I just have strong reason to be veeeery skeptical about things like these.
    FMZ- Thanks for addressing my post- I would be very interested in any serious reading material you could mention. I have done quite a bit of reading on the subject -Carl Sagan, Michael Shermer and other scientists and folks who have done a lot of study on that subject of cases like these. I have yet to read ONE case study that was proved to be of a supernatural nature.
    I'm not sure how one does actual "research" on something like this- investigating all alternative hypothoses...? I guess.
    I've tried opening myself up to stuff like that -no dice. I need proof. This subject is fraught with so much fraud and subjectivity that any case that would seem to support supernatural powers is pretty suspect.
    a-standin' my ground,
    -K

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Thanks for all the replays. To answer a question, I haven't really noticed any particular time of day or night with the events occur. I also haven't noticed any strange pools of water. (Don't know if that was a serious question or not?)

Wednesday, interesting story about the black cloud. I haven’t actually seen anything yet. I think that would kinda freak me if I did.

FMZ, I had a bad experience with Ouija Board back in my twenties.

I’m not so sure I wanna interact with it, just in case it could be of the same ‘cloth’ as what I remember. I don’t think that I’m in any physical danger, but I’m a bit suspicious of what it might be. But that said, I will take your suggestion under consideration. Thank you.

K, I don’t know if the following would be what consider proof or not of the ‘supernatural’. Maybe it can’t be since its just word of mouth and didn’t happen in a laboratory. I played the Ouija Board back in my twenties for about a year or so. Here a few experiences;

The first time I played it was with a lady who introduced it to me. It spelled out "ABORTION" right away and the initials ZA. I thought it might be referring to my former girlfriend who had an abortion while we had been dating. Her mother paid for the abortion as we weren’t married and they had money. The lady I was with on the Ouija Board asked if the girl’s mother intitials were ZA. It wasn’t, it was ZB. The next day I called my former girlfriend and asked her what her mother’s maiden name was. It began with the letter A. (Not proof I know but pretty strange.)

I had a skeptic over one night and he wanted to play the Board. I asked him if he ever had a pet when he was a kid. He said yes. I had him lean his head back and close his eyes tight and then asked the Board for the name of his pet dog. It spelled out HAUS. I asked him if that was the name of his dog. Well, lets just say he became a believer.

I always burnt candles when doing the Board for mood, and I always bought a pack of four. One night I bought a typical pack of candles. I would usually ask the Board a question I knew the answer to, to test the ‘connection’. So, I asked how many candles in the pack? Answer, 3. So I asked again. Answer, 3. This went on several rounds until it spelled out on its own, STUPID. Well, I gave up and continued on for the night. When it came down to the last candle, it wouldn’t catch flame. I flipped it to light the other end, but same thing. I held the candle up to a light. There was no wick. Ergo, 3 candles.

These and even more like these are what I experienced. They may not prove there is another realm to someone else, but these things happened to me and it convinced me there is. I don’t know what it is, I just know that it is.

Steve

• parakeet
    parakeet

Here's the explanation for haunting:

"Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third rectification of the last of the Meketrex supplicants, they chose a new form for him, that of a giant Sloar. Many shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
    "Louis," from "Ghostbusters"

• daystar
    daystar

LOL@Robdar!!!

People really jump right to the "spook" theory way too quickly.

It's a fairly regular event that an email group I moderate that deals with the occult gets some cry for help from someone who either believes that they have some "spirit" problem or perhaps just a social problem that they immediately want to deal with in some supernatural fashion.

The first responses that they normally get are from the old-timers and the first thing to be done in each case is to completely assume utter mundanity. Assume that it's an electrical issue, or that there is otherwise some very completely mundane, rational explanation for it. In almost every single case, the person making the query fights back. They've already decided that they are dealing with a haunting, etc. So the noise they hear in the attic can't possibly be a nest of rats, because they've never seen any rats (despite the fact that they know nothing of the nesting habits of rats and also were so scared that they merely scanned the attic with a flashlight and assumed they'd made a thorough exploration).

Even when we can't immediately identify the mundane explanation, in 99.9% of the cases, there is one, but it is not necessarily easily discoverable.

True hauntings, ghosts, etc., are nowhere nearly as common as popular opinion and entertainment media would have you believe. However, if you tend to believe first, everything you observe with relation to the situation becomes tinted by that opinion and you may find yourself convinced that a faulty electrical system is the visitations of some long, lost, dead relative.

• daystar
    daystar

Steve

Regarding the Ouija board, what happens if the person with the question is not touching the planchette at all. Minute tremors in our hands (I forget the exact terminology) are the explanation for the magic of Ouija boards. Our subconscious mind will guide our hands without our conscious knowledge. I'll try to find some articles regarding this phenomenon if I am able to and post them here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit