Big announcement after all DC have ended?

by Quandary 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah, I've got your big announcement RIGHT HERE.

You wanna hear it?

Pull my finger. . .

• Quandary
    Quandary

We have already been informed about Kingdom News #37 and the autumn campaign by a BOE letter. I don't think this is the news.

The final talk on Sunday did mention that they were planning on having 3 day DCs next year.

I'm speculating that it will have to do with some sort of organizational change or maybe even a doctrinal change.

Blondie, I thought the same thing about the DCs not being completely over until Jan ' 07 as the southern hemisphere concludes their series. Maybe my source meant to say the announcement will come after those DCs.

Q

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I remember one CO commenting casually "Isn't it interesting that the Society hasn't planned next year's convention site yet? They always do that well in advance, but not this year. Makes you wonder if they know there's no need..."

I had someone, a CO too I believe, tell me the same thing back in the early 70's.

The end must be soo. Any day now. Yup, almost now.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I like that black dude down in the right corner, his face says it all, or maybe he just ended up in a JW neighborhood, and he is on the ground thinking man what the hell am I doing with these fools.

My wife was not a JW, grew up in a catholic home, she has not seen any of these pictures before, she is kind of freaked out by it. Please if anyone has any other weird pictures please post them.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Quandary's source is probably correct. I too have heard from Witnesses that there are going to be some very significant changes or announcements comming from Brooklyn.

Several months ago, Governing body member Anthony Morris visited Central California. A brother I know personally who is an Elder had lunch with him. According to this Elder I know, Morris told him that there are going to be some "big changes" and that many people are not going to like them. Morris emphasized that the changes are for the "good of the flock".

Comments like this make me believe that the announcement is probably not going to be doctrinal, but that the Governing Body is probably going to prohibit Witnesses from something.

• isthisit
    isthisit

our conventions have already been planned for next year, we were told so at last weeks "banquet". i likewise heard this thing about an announcement. I was told off by the person telling me for being cynical about it. my response was "surely if the GB knew the date, they'd tell us straight away instead of all this hearsay about an announcement, remember no one knows the day or the hour". I'll put my money on a tract campaign, perhaps we are taking part in a new interpretation of a "trumpet blast" :-P

• VM44
    VM44

"Morris told him that there are going to be some "big changes" and that many people are not going to like them. Morris emphasized that the changes are for the "good of the flock"."

What could these changes be?

Will they make going to college or using the internet a DF-able offense? No, that would be going too far.

I predict they are going to impose a new requirement on all the JWs, something they have not had to do up to now, but will have to do in the future, and they will have to report it so that the Society can keep tabs on them.

--VM44

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Another top 10 post!!!!

• vitty
    vitty

Those pictures really messed up my childhood, and early adult hood, especially as my mother fell away around 1972 and still believed it was the truth.............

• Emma
    Emma

On my way walking in to work this morning, I saw a wt on the sidewalk. It was folded back to some photos and they were the old ones of the harlot (UN?) and a wild beast-lion sort of thingy, really old pics. I wonder how they can keep spitting up the same old stuff! The warnings haven't changed any more than the terrible art work! How could I have swallowed this stuff?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit