Firearms And Shooting...

by Justice-One 159 Replies latest social physical

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

What about exploding targets? Anyone ever use Tannerite? You can go HERE and watch some video of people using them. And HERE is another nice little video. Looks like fun, but I think I would have put my PASGT helmet and flak jacket on with that last. LOL.

I have used this stuff and it is great! You just have to be sure to be careful with it. Never place it on the ground where there is a lot of loose rock or gravel - it tends to launch the stuff at you. And never place a half pound charge (or more) closer than 50 yards to you. Lets just say you should take my word on this, as my trail and errors really should not be repeated.

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Sawing up my papoose takedown 22 was a great liberating experience. See nothing else could be taken out of this life with it.

Now Justice One, how do you propose to leave this life? Given the notices on this thread, do you have any special aversion to living by the sword and dying by it?

Me personally, I'd rather die naturally, and wish the privelege on others too.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

So have you all seen this one??

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6827679956771459066

Yes, it's wasteful and, as my husband mentioned, likely not very environmentally friendly, so I probably shouldn't wish I could take part...but it looks like a helluva lot of fun!

• Forscher
    Forscher
    I guess a lot of people arent as responsible, because I thought the number 1 cause of gun death was people taking a gun to their own family by mistake for one reason or another.

Actually, the number one caused of Firearm deaths in the US is suicide. Over half die that way. And lest you think that getting rid of guns will do any good, research indicates that those folks would simply find another way to off themselves if guns anren't available.
    I grew up with guns. My Dad is a lifetime member of the NRA and a certified combat handgun instructor. In fact, he was one of the reasons that civilians were banned from certain categories of combat handgun competition (I'd say there were about thirty other "reasons" as well, those folks were just too good). I am told that the first gun I ever shot was a .357 magnum Smith & Wesson revolver while I was still a toddler. I am also told it laid me flat on my back (Dad still has that gun).
    Although I can shoot with the best, including double-tapping, my own preference is the long distance stuff. Give me a Winchester model 70 chambered for .308 or a .375 magnum round and a 1,000-plus yard range anytime. You know the old slogan "Gun control means hitting the target".
    I gave that up somewhat as a dub for obvioius reasons. But I plan on getting back into it as money permits. By the way, all the kids I raised can shoot. ;-)
    Forscher

• Buster
    Buster

Serious clay target shooter here. This year I'll shoot about 20,000 rounds. 8000 of which will be during competitions.

I've had some good years. But I am most looking forward to lots of shooting with my son as he grows. He is 10 and I got him a 20-gauge youth model Beretta autoloader. We'll go tomorrow.

It isn't about need. Its about rights and personal responsibility - the stuff this country used to stand for.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Me personally, I'd rather die naturally

gee, who wouldn't...... at least I'm able to protect myself if someone tries otherwise.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Now Justice One, how do you propose to leave this life? Given the notices on this thread, do you have any special aversion to living by the sword and dying by it?

Like I said, sheep and sheepdog's. You are happy being a sheep, I'm happy being a sheepdog. As for dying by the sword....only if the other fellow is much faster, and a better shot. The bottom line is that I prefer the life of living by the sword. If it comes to dying by it, so be it. I'd rather it be that way, than live my life not "daring mighty things."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    So have you all seen this one??

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6827679956771459066

I have been to Knob Creek. I must say it has to be seen in person to be truely appreciated!!!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Although I can shoot with the best, including double-tapping, my own preference is the long distance stuff. Give me a Winchester model 70 chambered for .308 or a .375 magnum round and a 1,000-plus yard range anytime. You know the old slogan "Gun control means hitting the target".

Ohh yeah....you and I would get along just fine. I used to have a model 700 heavy barrel "tactical" rifle, and I used to do the one hole groups at 200 meters thing. Then I got into battle rifles, and shooting at man sized steel at ranges out to 700 meters. I also love to shoot my .44 Blackhawk at rifle ranges. On a dry dusty day, I have been known to "walk them up" on targets more than 500 meters away.

If guns cause crime, then spoons made Rossie O'Donel fat.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm stunned. Just when I was learning to shake off some stereotypical views of Americans. There is such a gulf between us.

Nic' (feeling proud to be British)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit