Firearms And Shooting...

by Justice-One 159 Replies latest social physical

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Well as they say YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary.) In my experience, I have known at least three people personally where the presense of a gun probably saved their lives. And in two cases, no shots were fired.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    In my experience, I have known at least three people personally where the presense of a gun probably saved their lives. And in two cases, no shots were fired.

That was my experience. Years ago, out in the Nevada desert, a group of drunk young guys in a truck were having 'fun' running people off of a mountain road, including myself. I just stuck my unloaded .30 / .30 out the window ..... from then on, they played "nice" on down the mountain.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I've been gut shot at point blank range with a .357 mag. and it's only by the Grace of God that I'm alive.

I'm still a gun owner and wouldn't hesitate to use it if I had to, however, I would try every other means of

securing my safety before pulling the trigger.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I'm still a gun owner and wouldn't hesitate to use it if I had to, however, I would try every other means of securing my safety before pulling the trigger.

As would I. Lethal force should always be the last option. The last thing I would ever want to be forced to do, would be take another human life. But I stand ready to do so, should the need arise.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    she was doing a sexy dance for him which involved waving a gun around, and it accidentally went off and killed him. Hmmm.....

Katie,

Is that what you would call 'unprotected sex'?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I am not in favor of gun control i "used " to have some,that's all i'm gonna say

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    she was doing a sexy dance for him which involved waving a gun around, and it accidentally went off and killed him. Hmmm.....

Katie,

Is that what you would call 'unprotected sex'?

Only if it was HIS gun that went off. LOL.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    For those of you that think that gun owners are uneducated hicks, I have a Bachelors in Business Administration and am halfway through an MBA program.

I'm not uneducated (9 hours away from a double major in Math and English, in the process of applying for law school), but I am a hick. I'm also a gun owner. ;-)

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Hi Justice One

There was a time when hunting took real skill and was a bit of a contest. Not any more. We can fish out the whole of the sea and leave nothing. Track them with helicopters or even satelites. Sonar and the like. The fish don't stand a chance. So I don't eat fish.

What about chickens? They don't have much of a sporting chance in their cages, six to the cubic foot. The dead stuck in there with the living. Not my idea of lunch.

Why do we waste space on golf courses, and lawns, when we could grow food trees, wild crops, edible weeds everywhere. Carnivorism is actually very rare, omonivores are far more common, so I think that everyone should grow vegetables everywhere possible. Then when economic, climatic, ecological armageddon (the real type not the theological one) comes, we'll have something to eat.

Dan

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Anyone ever go to a full auto shoot? I have been to more than one and I gotta tell you, it takes days to get the smile off your face!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit