Firearms And Shooting...

by Justice-One 159 Replies latest social physical

• Robdar
    Robdar

Call me old fashioned but I still like a .38 revolver. It fits nicely in the hands, not too much kick, easy to aim and a breeze to shoot.

I've never hunted for game but there is a group of wild turkeys living around here that are just asking for it.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I carry a S&W CS40 on a daily basis.

Why?

What if the other guy, the BAD guy, can shoot better? (cos obviously all you guys posting here are the good guys. I know that because if I saw you in the street carrying a gun I would just know you were the goodies and not the baddies).

Plus I thought how really sensitive it was of the NRA to insist on having a gun rally in the town right by Columbine right after the school masacre. I suppose it was so that we could be able to identify the goodies, as opposed to the baddies (the baddies are the ones where there are dead people after they have used their guns. Is there a neat way of identifying the baddies before you see the dead people?)

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Kid-A

Nice of you to post your family's portrait. Which one are you?

That would be him on the right with Dad. His Mom and sister are pretty hot though, and they sure do like my big gun!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's amazing how cultures differ, in the USA you can have all sorts of firearms in the uk you could go in for many years for posessing one, only hunting rifles are legal with a necessary license.

Otherwise anyone carrying guns around would be thought of as a criminal or a nutter. Someone will call the police on them.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Otherwise anyone carrying guns around would be thought of as a criminal or a nutter. Someone will call the police on them.

So which one was Winston Churchill?

Wish I could find that pic of him toting a drum fed Thompson

And Katie? Go play in traffic if you're going to keep making up your facts

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Speaking of "well used"...here's the old Ruger Std .22

Ah yes, the old Ruger Mk II. I have a few of those also. Once you learn the trick to taking them down, and putting them back together, they are fine weps.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I guess a lot of people arent as responsible, because I thought the number 1 cause of gun death was people taking a gun to their own family by mistake for one reason or another.

This statistic was proven to be flawed many years ago. But the anti-guners will still trot it out like the word of God.

You can look this up yourself, but using the same set of guidelines that were used to arrive at the above conclusion, I could "prove" that if I found insulin in your refrigerator, that someone in your house probably had diabetes.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Mark IV series Government Colt 1911.

Ohh my God what a beauty!!! That looks like one of the early ones when Colt was giving more care to the finish.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Call me old fashioned but I still like a .38 revolver.

Yup they have their place. For years my right kidney had one of these as a little friend. LOL.

• parakeet
    parakeet

This thread makes the Shining One look sane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit