Firearms And Shooting...

by Justice-One 159 Replies latest social physical

• kid-A
    kid-A

"DONT TREAD ON ME"

Relax J-1, when I find a flaming bag of dog-poop I generally try to avoid treading on it! LOL

Flaming Bag Of Shit Left On NSA's Doorstep

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I don't normally believe in posting Private Messages but for this thread I'm going to share snippets I have received.

I don't like to join in controversial topics, so, I didn't post on this topic.
    I think that there are some pretty gun happy people out there and it scares me to think that so many carry guns. In fact, I was shocked to see the quantity of people on this board that carry. I agree with your comments and wish that there were not so many gun wielding crazies here in the U.S. Our crime rate is unreal and I don't think that having a gun is any protection.

Clearly there are posters here who are afraid of taking issue with the pro-gun members.

Anyway, just didn't want you to feel alone. Sometimes people can get pretty ornery on here.
  • Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Clearly there are posters here who are afraid of taking issue with the pro-gun members.

Yeah, sometimes the truth just hurts. And most realize that they have no facts to back them up, only feelings. And some - unlike you - just don't like to have their hat handed to them, by those who truely understanded the issue.

And BTW, isn't it a violation of board policy to post PRIVATE messages? I sure am glad I never sent you any.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Hey Kiddy, is that a family portrait? If so, I think your hair was on fire.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Has anyone ever seen a .44 magnum chrony faster than 2000 feet per second? Last year I had some .44 bullets made out of "Nylatron." They were then set on top of a FULL CASE of Bullseye. They chronographed at just over 3000 feet per second, and the cases showed no signs of pressure. Pretty cool huh?

BTW, I also invented a new shooting position when I tested these for the first time. Now keep in mind that I have been reloading for more than ten years, and had done a lot of research - but still. So I went to the range with a friend when it was closed and no one was there. I then put on my PSGAT helmet and kevlar gloves. I then sat under the shooting bench, and placed the .44 Blackhawk on top of it, and let rip. Hey, I didn't want a new part in my hair if things did not go as expected. LOL. But all was well. This round really barks, and the muzzle flash at nighttime is truely amazing. And at 3000 feet per second you should see what it does to milk jugs filled with water. They explode like a stick of dynamite went off in them.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Justice,

I see you live here in CA, its getting hard to find open land to go set up some targets and blast away. I've heard of cop's giving shooters problems. I use to be really into guns and go shooting almost twice a month, but I had to drive up to Kern Co. from LA, do you live in Southern CA? know any good spots? It use to be much easier, just drive a mile out from a paved road or population. About 2 months ago my uncle took me up near Apple Valley to blow away a few clays, but the whole time I was there I was in fear of the cops, pulling up.

I do also go to Ranges, but its some how not the same.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I see you live here in CA, its getting hard to find open land to go set up some targets and blast away.

Dang, not around my neck of the woods. Way northern Kalifornia here. Remember that it is legal in KA to carry open in the National Forests, (rural area) and shoot there. You just have to be more than I think 300 feet from a campsite. I have never ever been questioned by any cop about my shooting or the .45 on my hip.

I've heard of cop's giving shooters problems.

Its been my experience that around here cops tend to stay away from gunfire, when back-up is two hours away.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Based on some the things that have been happening around my neighborhood lately, the thought has crossed my mind about purchasing a gun. There is a local gang that is running rampant in my neighborhood. Especially with the cops being hamstrung by the city's moronic policies.

That being said, I am very heistant about purchasing a gun without any education on this. COuld some of you post sites that will teach me what type of gun is appropriate, and are there places were I can be taught gun safety & be able to practice shooting?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    That being said, I am very heistant about purchasing a gun without any education on this. COuld some of you post sites that will teach me what type of gun is appropriate, and are there places were I can be taught gun safety & be able to practice shooting?

Every area I have ever lived in had at least one good gun club. Most of these offer a personal protection course that get you on the right road. Also if you can afford it, I highly recommend the training at Gunsite.

Here are a few good forums and Blogs:

1911 Forum

SurvivalBlog.com

M14 Forum

The Firing Line

Molon Labe!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Really, I don't see why it matters to the Canadians and the English if Americans own guns. What's it to you? Planning an invasion?

Man, I didn't realize people were still posting to this thread! Robdar, you rock!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit