Firearms And Shooting...

by Justice-One 159 Replies latest social physical

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hey, Six, s'all good, m'man...we live in the United States of America.

Despite what you may think, there is a built-in safety against our Government becoming to constrictive. It is okay for me to know all sorts of things. It is up to others to prove I have ever applied that knowledge, and proof would be required.

This isn't like fight club. It exists. It's existence is well known to our government. There is no need to be quiet about it. Every state (to my knowledge) except Hawaii has at least one legally recognized state militia group. These people are the equivalent of the Minutemen, who were prepared at all times to take up arms within a minute. China could have long since swallowed the US whole with their gigantic army, but they are terrified of our citizenry.

Ultimately, only two things have preserved our relative liberty for so long (although other factors played a part at various times).

(1) Accident of geographical location makes it difficult to approach us undetected with a major invasionary force. Some debate whether that is the case on our Southern border, but that is a thread for another day.

(2) Other nations fear our armed citizenry. We US citizens are considered "crazy" and "loose cannons" and "nut jobs"...and because of that they are terrified of us. Rightly so.

Hi Agent Mike! [waves happily to Agent Mike] How's the missus?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Since the right to bear arms extends to any military weapon that could be used by a government against the citizenry, yes. Unequivocally.

Actually the founding fathers were refering to weapons capable of being carried by one man....arms. It could be argued (probably effectivley) that the 2nd Amendment does not apply to crew served weapons. However that being said, it shoud be legal for me to own an M16 or SAW if I wanted one.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    We US citizens are considered "crazy" and "loose cannons" and "nut jobs"...and because of that they are terrified of us. Rightly so.

I have always said I did not care if the rest of the world liked us. Fearing us is good enough for me.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Justice-One: Fearing us is good enough for me.

I only agree with this as long as they know they only have to fear TREADING on us. I don't think that is the message we conveyed in how we have handled Iraq. I think we have conveyed that they should all fear OUR CONTINUED EXISTENCE.

I think that was a very bad move.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I only agree with this as long as they know they only have to fear TREADING on us.

Oh of course. I thought this went without saying. But it is good to emphasize this.

• TD
    TD

From the comments, I have to infer that England is a very nice, very civilized place and I'm sorry that I haven't visited before.

There are plenty of areas in America where you still have to worry about what might be attracted by the smell of your campfire. I've told the story here before about being attacked by feral dogs along the San Carlos. We killed about half of them. (Which in my opinion was not enough by half) The other half headed back towards the reservation.

I take it nothing like this ever happens in England?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Gunsite is not cheap,

Ah, yes, Gunsite...another benefit to living in AZ!

Of course, I can't afford to go there yet (if ever).

Why did you chose Gunsite over Frontsight (as they're in CA like you)?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    I've told the story here before about being attacked by feral dogs along the San Carlos. We killed about half of them. (Which in my opinion was not enough by half) The other half headed back towards the reservation.

And, before poor TD gets accused of shooting someone's pets...I have had the opportunity to visit with Native Americans who live on more than one of AZ's reservations. Even those who live on the reservation are afraid of the feral dogs that roam there. They are known to be very dangerous. One man I talked to, said his brother spent several hours in a tree one night because a pack of feral dogs chased him. They do attack people. Children are not allowed out at night, in areas where they hunt.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Why did you chose Gunsite over Frontsight (as they're in CA like you)?

Two main reasons....one the Scientology controversy, (can I say that without getting sued by the Scientologists?) and two, Frontsight is being sued by its members at this time. I personally think Frontsight is gettting ready to implode.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Two main reasons....one the Scientology controversy, (can I say that without getting sued by the Scientologists?) and two, Frontsight is being sued by its members at this time. I personally think Frontsight is gettting ready to implode.

WOW.

I've just heard about FS from people who've trained there in the past. I didn't know any of this! Of course, since I'm not in the position to be looking at training centers of that caliber (and cost) I haven't looked that hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit