Called JR Brown regarding Cano Pedophile situation

by LDH 350 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mavie
    mavie
    "Letter should be sent within one week. It is imperative that a letter be sent promptly if the person is or has been a child molestor. If society determines that a brother could be used again after having been a molestor in the past, they will direct the congregation to destroy previous records. (very rare)"

How should the statement in the parenthetical be interpreted? That the destroying of records is very rare, or the reappointment of a molester?

The first time I read it, I thought the former, yet now I may be inclined to believe the latter. Either way, the destroying of records does take place.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Excellent job Lisa!! Your powers of instigation investigation are incredible.

The fact that he admitted that JWs are not the ONLY spokesperson organization of God on earth is somewhat surprising.

Axel

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    JWs are not the ONLY spokesperson organization of God on earth

no.. jehovahs witnesses arent the only ones... you also have the faithful and discreet slave, publications, jehovahs Christian witnesses....and many other jw corporations with slightly different names that also speak for God.

(gotta read between the lines of "theocratic warfare"

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That's some sensational work!!

They're going to hang Cano out to dry. They gladly say that he's no longer an elder, but I think the next thing worth publishing is whether they disfellowship him. According to their own rules they can't, but they know that it would be a perfect way to pretend that these 'rare offenders' are dealt with quickly in the org, and anything less would be bad press.

eg: 'I was disfellowshipped for pointing out that molesters are protected, and this guy is.... protected'.

• LDH
    LDH
    Excellent job Lisa!! Your powers of instigation investigation are incredible.

You know you love me!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And they'll probably use Cano as an example of why this year's convention resolution said "no chat rooms." They'll blame it all on the computer and none on themselves for having it go on right under their holier-than-thou noses.

You know, having Lisa's bullet-point summary of her conversation with J.R. Brown side by side with Blondie's excerpts from the Society's publications is a very powerful eye-opener . . . just a thought if someone wants to make it into a flyer.

Nina

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

LDH,

Thanks for the work you did on this. One would hope that this draws some international attention and that Dateline would reopen and do some more investigation and then another program on what the JW bosses are covering up.

HappyDad

• startingover
    startingover

Edited to say On second thought, I better not post what I was going to post.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    problem is, the 'backout" here is that this wasn't the Society's directive. Clearly it was handwritten and he must have misunderstood.

Of course - and that is exactly why they had a flock meeting and had the elders take notes in the margins. "If you need a pen Brother Schmo, we've got plenty right here."

• sinis
    sinis

LDH:

Not sure if you were joking about being a reporter, but if you truely are I think a lot of people would find that what you heard from JR Brown to be of help. If you could pose those questions and answers in the article I think that would OPEN the eyes of many JW's to see that Mother says one thing yet the publications say something completely different. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit