Called JR Brown regarding Cano Pedophile situation

by LDH 350 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Is there a question pending whether Cano is a legal resident? WTF. Don't people going to work at a branch or headquarters have to fill out paper work? If so, shouldn't one of the questions be are you a legal resident or an individual holding a green card.

Also, I am surprised that bethel allows the guys to have access to the outside world via the internet. They try and control what the JWs outside the WTBTS structure does and reads/looks at. I am amazed that they do not forbid computers that have access to non-JW stuff.

• wednesday
    wednesday

well see, they need net acess, they have to check out the boards to see what "lies are being spread about them" , but the rest of us, well, we do not need access the net. Best we leave that for those in charge. lol

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

So what do you suppose they'll say at Bethel when they read this thread?

Good job Lisa.

• blondie
    blondie
    Is there a question pending whether Cano is a legal resident?

It was reported in the news that while he is a Mexican national, he has a proper visa.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/06/28/news-dcsolicitfolo-06-28.html

Cano, a Mexican national with a valid US resident's visa, lives at a Jehovah's Witness community in the Hamlet of Wallkill in Ulster County
  • Soledad
    Soledad

Lisa after all these years that I am participating on this board you never fail to astound me time and time again with your brilliance.

Excellent job. I salute you. ¡Eres de toda ley carajo! I would translate that but the true meaning might get lost in the process...... ¡Salud!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If so, shouldn't one of the questions be are you a legal resident or an individual holding a green card.

Legal residents and Green Card holders can and have been deported. It is impossible to deport a citizen. The authorities could deport him for this and should. If he was a citizen he could not be deported, only jailed.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

My question Stilla was if the bethel application asked a person if they were a legal citizen or not. According to Blondie the guy is in the country legally.

• Nathan Natas
  • bebu
    bebu

Lisa, this is AWESOME.

You don't foresee any legal troubles with putting the conversation online?

BTW, you mentioned that you would have another reporter on the line with you. Did that happen?

You're so savvy, I can't imagine you blowing a great opportunity.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!!

bebu

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

This is priceless!

Nina said:

You know, having Lisa's bullet-point summary of her conversation with J.R. Brown side by side with Blondie's excerpts from the Society's publications is a very powerful eye-opener . . . just a thought if someone wants to make it into a flyer.

Just for the WTS lurkers I couldn't resist.....

VERBATIM from my hand written notes

• JWs are BIBLE STUDENTS only. The Governing Body is NOT SPIRIT INSPIRED.
    • JWS as a whole are NOT INSPIRED
    • JWs are not the ONLY spokesperson organization of God on earth
    • THERE IS NO SPECIAL LINE TO GOD that the JW church has (I shit you not)
    • IS the JW a doomsday cult? No, because the word "doomsday" to them means only the end of wickedness. We are in the last days as seen in fulfillment of Bible prophecy regarding the signs.
    • Is there a PREDICTION of when the last days would end in a holocaust/Armegeddon etc. Is there insider knowledge of the END? NO THERE IS NOT
    • And I quote "We have zealously thought we would have more info by now about the exact time of the end but we don't" Follow up question--so there is no direct communication between God and the JWs on this matter? Correct.
    • The organization exists only to see the Good news proclaimed of God's kingdom which is made up of Chosen Rulers who are in heaven. The JWs will be subjects of that kingdom.

JWs are not the ONLY spokesperson organization of God on earth

*** w95 7/1 p. 19 “The

Today, the remnant of anointed Christians as a body are “the faithful and discreet slave,” the channel for the distribution of spiritual food. (Matthew 24:45-47) As was the case in ancient , any who wish to worship Jehovah have to do so in association with these anointed Christians.

*** w95 8/1 p. 16 Taught by Jehovah Down Till This Day ***

Today, the faithful and discreet slave is made up of the remnant of Kingdom heirs. These are anointed Christians, the remaining ones on earth of the 144,000, who “belong to Christ” and who are part of “Abraham’s seed.” (Galatians 3:16, 29; Revelation 14:1-3) How can you identify the faithful and discreet slave? Particularly by the work they do and by their close adherence to God’s Word, the Bible.

Jehovah uses this “slave” as his means of teaching people today. Those of the slave class adopted the name Jehovah’s Witnesses in 1931. Since then millions have associated with them and have accepted that name and joined in proclaiming God’s Kingdom. This magazine, The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom, is the principal instrument employed by the “slave” in the teaching work.

*** w94 10/1 p. 8 The Bible—A Book Meant to Be Understood ***

It helps us to understand the Word of God. All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known only through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave.—John 6:68.

*** w87 7/15 p. 19 Prayers Require Works ***

Because Jehovah God does not give his holy spirit apart from his Word, and we cannot hope to receive holy spirit if we ignore the earthly channel Jehovah is using today, “the faithful and discreet slave,” represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Without help from this “slave,” we would neither be able to understand the full import of what we read nor know how to apply what we learn.—Matthew 24:45-47.

*** w62 12/1 p. 726 Understanding the Beasts of Revelation ***

Jesus indicated that God would continue to deal in this manner with his earthly servants when he foretold: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.” And in that the apostle Paul shows that ‘Christ is not divided’ and that there were to be no divisions among his followers, we must conclude that God uses only one channel at any one time.—Matt. 24:45-47; 1 Cor. 1:10-13.

That Jehovah is using such a channel today and that it is associated with the society of Jehovah’s witnesses the facts unmistakably show.

And the truth about the troof will set you free! Wiggle out of this you Jehovah's, bwahahahahahaaaa it's incredible to me that via a scandal about pedophilia which the WTS has been trying to keep a lid on their own spokesperson contradicts their long held beliefs! I sure hope any lurking JW's read this and really think about what a lying cult you've been in and get out.

Great job, good thinking Linda!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit