Called JR Brown regarding Cano Pedophile situation

by LDH 350 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LDH
    LDH

fjtoth,

your cartoon is true. This recording is just as remarkable for what Mr. Brown DID NOT say as for what he did.

What if this was his one chance to save my life? What if we are as close to Armageddon as he would have the JWs believe? Isn't he obligated to save my life by telling me association with the Jehovah's Witness organization is OBLIGATORY if I am to survive?

Lisa

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Good job....LDH!!!! I have to be at work at 9am, and it's 3:30am now. But, I could not stop until I'd read the entire thread. This is amazing. My mouth just dropped open more and more with each of his words. You are great!!! (also...I will never forget your phone call to me three years ago. You saved my life)(((((hugs)))))

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Perhaps it has been said, but.

L. "So neither the volunteer workers nor the leadership itself of the Jehovah's Witness church professes to be spirit-inspired or directed or what not?

B. No, no, we don't have anybody that expects that."

will he fall back on semantics by saying that he meant that no individual claims direct spirit direction? in fact he said that JW's are not spirit directed - which makes either an apostate or a liar..

Brilliant work LDH and thanks Leolaila

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    your cartoon is true.

Thanks, Lisa. Your accomplishment here brought back great memories. I went to Brown twenty-some years ago when he was in the Service Department to report some reckless mischief going on between a district overseer, a circuit overseer and some elders. He spoke and sounded then just as he does now. It's remarkable how very little has changed. Instead of assuring me that there would be an investigation into the matter, Brown slavishly defended the conduct of those men just as he submissively twisted and squirmed to defend the WT Society during your interview. He gives the impression of being sincerely interested in you as a person and as wanting to be helpful, but all he's concerned about is getting you to gloss over the errors of the organization. The organization and its prominent members can do no wrong. It's nearly impossible for him, as well as all others in high position at headquarters, to see otherwise. Frank

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. In that way you also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness." (Matt. 23:27, 28, NWT)

• fjtoth
  • DannyHaszard
  • fjtoth
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Silly of me to forget about theocratic warfare strategy. Ldh was obviously subjected to it. Jr brownnose must have carte blanche to spread around any and all lies that suit in order to deliver the wt, confuse apostates and opposers. I bet that brownose and the wt too, actually feel proud of the disinformation.

S

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The Cano pedophile arrest was an extraordinary event. Lisa's interview with J.R. Brown was an extraordinary feat. Wow, what an extraordinary week! Like everyone who frequents this discussion board, I'm watching the Cano story closely as it unfolds.
    While I was writing a post to put on this thread, I noticed what fjtoth wrote and have to say that he took the words right out of my mouth. In fact, I wrote something similar but deleted it when I read his post as I didn't want to be repetitious, but I agree with his evaluation of J.R. Brown 100%.
    fjtoth: "...Brown slavishly defended the conduct of those men just as he submissively twisted and squirmed to defend the WT Society during your interview. He gives the impression of being sincerely interested in you as a person and as wanting to be helpful, but all he's concerned about is getting you to gloss over the errors of the organization. The organization and its prominent members can do no wrong. It's nearly impossible for him, as well as all others in high position at headquarters, to see otherwise."
    I knew J.R. Brown and his wife, Ruby, for most of the ten years we were at Brooklyn Bethel and occasionally interacted with him in the Writing Dept. He always appeared to be unflappable and as one who was extremely interested in the welfare of the flock.
    J.R. is a defendant in our lawsuit as he said some things to the press shortly before Dateline aired that we believe gave the wrong impression as to why I was "invited" to attend a judicial hearing at the Manchester, Tennessee Kingdom Hall, so I won't say too much here. However, whenever I've read statements made by Brown to the press, the thought has crossed my mind that he doesn't seem to understand what it means to, "Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth," when acting in the capacity of the Society's spokesperson. Brown has mastered the art of diplomacy as a choreographer does with dance. He adroitly sidesteps any issue which is brought up that might cause disapproval if he told the truth about the nastiness of the Witnesses' beliefs. He doesn't want the outside world to understand what JWs really believe about the inhabitants of this world--that vultures will soon pick the bones of almost every person alive today.
    Brown sure makes the Witnesses sound impressive even though he knows otherwise. His attitude of kindly dismissing serious consideration of any negative facts and minimizing the reality of the problems within the Watchtower Society has made him an elite organizational survivor; but one of these days, his calculating, whitewashing denials about all the negative aspects of the organization will come to a close. His defense of those who are contemptuous of the cries of the lesser ones will be exposed as more and more people find out that they have been hoodwinked and leave this sham of a religion, and all that will be left will be thousands of power hungry hierarchical leaders with no one to lead (or push around) anymore.
    Barbara

• Quandry
    Quandry

I totally agree with Barbara's assesment of the JRBrown interview. He is, above all, a "Company Man." If he had been an employee of Enron here in Texas, the leaders would never have been indicted for swindling millions from shareholders and employees.

He is the untimate "spin Doctor."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit