How much should a married woman show?

by greendawn 75 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

Brooke

Perhaps you should look through your thread - Why do men think a Woman Washing a Car is Sexy? And ask if you are being honest with yourself.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Another great pic Brooke! Keep 'em coming!

Peggy, please don't discourage her. She got my attention because she deserves it!

• under_believer
    under_believer

To the original poster:
    As much as she wants. I don't believe that someone's a) legal status or b) voluntary obligations should change how they choose to dress. My wife dresses the same now as she did before we were married, with some small adjustments for income and age.
    I don't find the fact that most men find her irresistable to be a threat; she is the most faithful person I know and I have no fear that she would succumb to some loser's advances (I have WAY more to offer than any of them, anyways.) Quite the contrary: The knowledge that everyone wants her, but I have her, is a huge ego-boost.
    Don't get me wrong, it's her personality I love her for and always will (see above re: faithfulness.) But I won't complain about the fact that she's easy on the eyes, either. :)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Think of it, a married woman going out wearing tight shorts showing so much leg and buttocks and a top that reveals too much breast, as if almost saying "I am going out to entice some men", should a dignified husband accept that?

I just want to stipulate that "entice" isn't the same as "cheat on my husband with."

I think the deciding factor should be the woman's comfort level. When I was young enough to be ogled by strangers, I was also insecure enough to be extremely disturbed by it. I wore my dowdy jaydub wardrobe with pride.

Later A few years ago, I began to enjoy the eye-prints – but first I had to learn three things:

• how to gracefully turn away unwanted advances.
    • most men just want to look.
    • I really enjoy looking at the ladies my ownself.

After that I was able to strut with the vibe "You can look all you want, just so you know you ain't gettin' none."

Now I want a t-shirt that says, "Talk to the tits. They're listening."

gently feral

Oh, yes; I try to flash my husband daily.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Please let me play devils advocate here, how is this possible:

...until the time when he cunningly got her to become overweight something that spoilt her good looks

How did he manage it? How was he so cunning that she failed to notice? I doubt he cooked dinner every night if he was good dub!!!

Just curious....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

great new avatar brooke - I love it

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Last weekend was our "We hate Men" night...lol. We got all dressed up and had a girls night and complained about guys.
    Are you serious? I presume you were just complaining about ***your*** guys and not guys in general?

You presume right.... Brooke

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Brooke

Perhaps you should look through your thread - Why do men think a Woman Washing a Car is Sexy? And ask if you are being honest with yourself.

Some people don't get sarcasm. Anyway...the thread was a total Joke(you know what a joke is right...a humorous story with a climax). Again more sarcasm if you didn't notice. Brooke

• rekless
    rekless

All you girls should have inverted nips if you don't want them standing at attention in a cold room...now for myself cold rooms gives me shrinkage, ans I have to shout, "What, you haven't seen balls in an a hole before. Now with the overweight thing, that woman was an appetite waiting to ignite just needed the right motivation.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Well, if a woman should take her husband's opinion into account when she dresses, then I think it should be based on what her husband's real standard is. Whatever he shows approval of (by ogling and giving undo attention to) that is the level at which his wife should be able to dress. If she so desires. Otherwise, he's being a hypocrite.

We don't have this problem in our marriage. My husband is a secure person and I use my own common sense when I dress.

Cellist

P.S. a person can be made to gain weight by destroying their sense of self-worth. This will almost always result in binge eating for comfort. Although sometimes it can lead to the reverse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit