How much should a married woman show?

by greendawn 75 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

I live in the UK and we have a lot of groups of disenfranchised lads in our pubs who get largered up and look for people to focus their attention on. The attention they offer is not always the kind that couples want. They get leery and nasty, deliberately trying to cause trouble for a guy who is with a woman in a short skirt.

Their attitude is that a woman who dresses provocatively, and the guy she is with, has no right to complain. Sometimes it is better to dress down a bit be less noticed. Ther are palces where women don't have to worry and places where discretion is the better part of valour in some circumstances.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Their attitude is that a woman who dresses provocatively, and the guy she is with, has no right to complain.

Most people will justify and excuse their rudeness and bad behaviour. I believe it is called "blaming the victim".

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I believe all women should dress comfortably and not halfnaked.

Sometimes it is really revolting when you see women with their body parts hanging out, epecially when it's not a sight for sore eyes and they convince themselves, " I look hot."

Geez whiz come on!

Why should one be pulling and tugging at her clothes just because she is wearing an outfit to impress. Impress who?

Ofcourse don't get me wrong. Women can dress simply and still be admired.

After all isn't it what lies beneath that counts? Look elegant. Leave sexy for the bedroom.

I mean come on what is left for the imagination.

blessedstar

• ballistic
    ballistic

LOL @ KattieKitten.

My view is the opposite to the premise of this thread... some people (possibly men and women) let themselves go when they get hitched and pig out. That surely would be more concerning than someone looking appealing.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I think she should go out how she damn well likes and that people shouldn't force *their* morality on her. What a wonderful world this would be if we kept our views and opinions to ourselves and butted out of other peoples business.

Dr Jekyll,

I agree 65%. With a slight adjustment, I could bring it up to 100%. But I agree with the balance completely.

I think she should go out how she damn well likes and that people shouldn't force *their* morality on her. What a wonderful world this would be if we kept expressed our views and opinions to ourselves freely and butted out of other peoples business.

There. That would be 100%. 3 words struck and two words added.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• trevor
    trevor

Confessions of a married woman by Peggy.

I do know that there are times I dress a certain way and I receive more attention.

I did suspect that you are a very naughty girl!

• bebu
    bebu
    There. That would be 100%. 3 words struck and two words added.

Fantastic!

bebu

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... at the risk of upsetting those that are sensitive to this issue...

When I met my girlfriend, she dressed nice... but not as nice as she could. (If that makes sense.)

We went through her closet one day, and she showed me the types of clothes that she had been wearing when married. 'jean dresses'

Now... nothing wrong with this style of dress... but she looks much much better in more flattering attire.

I have introduced her to wearing other types of clothing that she loves looking for, when we go shopping at the dress shops (Ok... goodwill & Family Thrift)

She now likes to wear various undergarments that she never considered before, too.

The way she tells me... she was never made to feel like she was attractive (which she is), and so dressed frumpy.

We have lots of fun... and I don't mind her showing a bit of cleavage (she doesn't mind it either) when we go out.

Regards,

Jim TX

• peggy
    peggy

Trevor------for the record, I am single.....and yes I do enjoy a little attention. ;-)

• peggy
    peggy

LDH-------your comment was a little intense for me! Are you saying you never look in the mirror, give yourself a little wink, and say, DAMN-----I feel and look good today!

There is a big difference between walking out the door with confidence, knowing you will receive attention and inviting RAPE! Are you an extremist or just sensitive today!

Peg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit