How much should a married woman show?

by greendawn 75 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

Do you think a married woman should go out provocatively dressed?

If her husband doesn't have a problem with it, and she's dressing for herself and her husband, then it's ok. There is a fine line between dressing sleazy and dressing provocatively classy, tho'. I don't think a married woman needs to be dressing sleazy.

Just my humble opinion...

• damselfly
    damselfly

As much as she wants and is comfortable with.

I can't stand the idea that a woman needs to change once she gets married. AS long as there is mutual respect and that's all that matters.

Dams

• Fleur
    Fleur

I don't think that rules should be made...I know plenty of women who make lots of ridiculous rules that their husbands need to live by too. Rules are about control.

As long as the mate's expectations are within reason...they're the person you're married to why not try at least to make them happy? If they are truly insanely jealous and/or control freaks...it comes out in other ways besides clothing and no one should have to deal with that.

But if we're just talking about an inch or two of length on a skirt, is it worth it to make a point and disappoint your mate? I don't think it is...but whatever.

I guess the only man I care about pleasing is the one I've been in love with for 10 years. Not that I haven't had other interest, I just don't care to dress for anyone but myself and him.

I agree with whoever said that it's sad that people have 'problems' like this. Anyone throwing a fit about their clothing has no idea what real problems are.

unreal!

essie ~of the I don't have to dress like a working girl to prove I'm an independent woman, class.

ps. in rereading the original post I saw that the question was "Do you think a married woman should go out provocatively dressed?" Where is she going? If she's going out on the town with single girls and dressing like one too then this guy has more problems than he realizes coming down the pike.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I personally don't know any women, married or otherwise who wear daisy dukes so short their butt cheeks hang out, along with heels so high they wobble instead of walk. I do know some women who wear t shirts that on one person might look modest but who, simply because of their curves, look sexy instead. I'm not about to judge either. If the husband didn't like the woman's choice of clothing, he could have set up a date whereby they went shopping together and then out to dinner and a movie or something. Get involved - don't criticize. Help don't hurt. Maybe she's wearing the clothing to try and get attention from him because she can't get it from him in any other way. This reminds me of when I worked a few years back with a female member of our management team. She seemed to have a nipple issue. The a/c would be put so cold that it would be 100 degrees outside so you would dress appropriately for the office and then get inside and freeze. If you didn't have a sweater with you, well - nippleitis..and to be sure she would see that as immodest. So the standards are different for different people but the action taken to change that standard - how insensitive, judgemental or unkind the person might be treated for example - is the indicator of what a person is made of. The man made his wife gain weight - he obviously didn't treasure what he had or he would have found another way. swife..

• LDH
    LDH
    This reminds me of when I worked a few years back with a female member of our management team. She seemed to have a nipple issue. The a/c would be put so cold that it would be 100 degrees outside so you would dress appropriately for the office and then get inside and freeze. If you didn't have a sweater with you, well - nippleitis..and to be sure she would see that as immodest.

This happened to me once, and as I was being ogled by a male member of the same management team, I asked him directly and loudly, "What's the matter? You've never seen nipples before? I don't like you staring at my breasts."

You can be sure all eyes were focused on my face thereafter.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think it's a decision for individual couples to work out. I mean, some couple go to nudist places. You can't show much more than that.

S

• trevor
    trevor

Yes - well - um

It depends on how old she is and whether she has a good figure and nice legs. I tend to judge each encounter on its merits at the time. Being a sexist, chauvinist enables me to cope with these encounters

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    until the time when he cunningly got her to become overweight

Ha ha this made me laugh so much! How can you make someone become overweight? Did he force feed her? Ive heard the French force feed geese to enlarge their livers in order to make pate de fois gras. They shove a funnel down their throats and tip oats down, or whatever it is geese eat, until they are literally bursting.

Did he do that? Huh? Did he? Did he?

Back to the question. I think its entirely up to the couple involved. If you are doing something that hurts your parter (like showing your tits, or force feeding them oats through a funnel) then you should stop. Its as simple as that.

• trevor
    trevor

Well done Katiekitten

I think you have exposed de foie gras of this argument.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Fleur: He wanted me to dress MORE revealing because he liked it when men ogled me. It made me sick and I was also trying to be a modest JW woman so his actions really upset me.

It may constitute me a pig, but I must confess it is a turn on for me when other men are noticably physically attracted to a woman who chose me. I also enjoy appreciating my wife's body. She is very pretty (although she thinks she has too much of a tummy).

She compares herself unfavorably to the sticks with heads on top that the media says typify beauty. But when we go out, I like to drop back a couple of steps and watch the reactions of the guys we pass. Since we are mixed race couple with very different styles of dress located in Southwest Georgia (that's in Southeastern US, for the benefit of any graduates of US Public Schools ), the guys rarely even suspect that we are together as a couple. And she is oblivious to how attractive she is.

I know I just painted a series of concentric large red rings on my chest. Blast away!

To answer your question directly, greendawn, I think in every case it is up to the individuals involved. You will have to reach compromise. Perhaps you have never thought of it as other men being attracted to the woman who chose you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit