How much should a married woman show?

by greendawn 75 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think the trouble is with a thread like this is we all have different "frames of reference" on exactly how extreme we are talking. I have had pretty girls as girlfriends and find however sensible they dress some men will still dribble when they walk past. And to be honest, it matters not that I am a secure person, I think mens actions are sometimes rude just like I would take offense at someone aggresively chatting up a girl who is clearly attached and with her partner, as it shows no respect for the husband (and likely to cause a fight).

I guess the bottom line is about who you choose to date. If the level we are talking is someone who dresses "slutty", can you really expect to enter a long term relationship and them change for you? Personally, I think it would be better to find someone you are happy with to begin with.

Think of it, a married woman going out wearing tight shorts showing so much leg and buttocks and a top that reveals too much breast, as if almost saying "I am going out to entice some men", should a dignified husband accept that?

LOL - A "dignified husband." That sounds like some sort of corpse.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    How much should a married woman show?

I like a woman who is a Lady in public but Naughty in private.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Ballistic, I agree. The whole question points to serious problems in the relationship. Best to find someone who shares the same "values" that you do. And, a relationship where respect is a two way street.

Cellist

• Mary
    Mary
    If the level we are talking is someone who dresses "slutty", can you really expect to enter a long term relationship and them change for you?

Well said ballistic.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

My husband always likes me to dress up and look enticing to him (ie. other men too!) If other guys are looking then he has the last laugh because he knows I'm going home with him. I think it's a matter of trust and not being jealous. If I'm going out with my girlfriends sub conciously I will dress up a little less provocative only because I don't want any unwanted advances. I'm getting a bit older now and I'm not quite as thin as I use to be. One thing for sure I don't dress like a hoochie mama when I'm at kid functions with mine when they were younger I always dressed mom appropriately so as not to embarrass them. My kids are 18 and 21 now so its not too much of a problem anymore.

Look, ladies. If you've got it, and feel like it, please, STRUT YOUR STUFF! I promise I won't get mad!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Like I said:

Doesn't bother me!

• LDH
    LDH
    LDH-------your comment was a little intense for me! Are you saying you never look in the mirror, give yourself a little wink, and say, DAMN-----I feel and look good today!

Peggy.

Frequently.

But I don't follow that thought with "Shit I hope I get some attention today."

Your original post said that it was possible to INVITE attention based on how one looks. I got a newsflash, attention comes whether you invite it or not. Unless you're just butt @$$ ugly. The two thoughts are not congruent, that's all I was saying.

Lisa

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    LDH-------your comment was a little intense for me! Are you saying you never look in the mirror, give yourself a little wink, and say, DAMN-----I feel and look good today!

Peggy.

Frequently.

But I don't follow that thought with "Shit I hope I get some attention today."

Your original post said that it was possible to INVITE attention based on how one looks. I got a newsflash, attention comes whether you invite it or not. Unless you're just butt @$$ ugly. The two thoughts are not congruent, that's all I was saying.

Lisa

I think you two are ok as long as you dont raise your fingers as if they were guns, wink and click your tounge twice. That is scary. and, WOW. ROFL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit