Shocking Announcement: Society feels Armaggedon coming this year?

by truthseeker 154 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Every single year, at every single convention, a bunch of 'em say that "this year's convention was the best ever". So seeing as they've been getting better and better since they began (apparently), it must be building up to something really really special this year.

(Compare Watchtower 1 Nov 1968 p. 671, Yearbook 1980 p. 68, Watchtower 15 Jan 1985 p. 22)

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I think the words "worn out" pretty much apply to this army of not so voluntary volunteers who so desperately want it all to just END already! God almighty, let it end...so as elders they dont have to keep making these SAME TIRED BORING LISTLESS USELESS TALKS from the SAME BORING TIRED LISTLESS OUTLINES at the SAME conventions to the SAME people eating the SAME tasteless food, none of which fills their insatiable needs!

When something happens bad in the world the JWs rejoice because they hope, we all did, that this go-nowhere, dead end, depressing life we all chose for ourselves would finally culminate in SOMETHING. We cant LEAVE because we will lose our loved ones. We cant MAKE Armageddon happen so we can stop doing all the useless crap we do to prove ourselves worthy to Jehovah....we look behind and see nothing...we look forward and see nothing....we look around ourselves and see nothing....and the antidepressives and the "uplifting, encouraging, sh__" they are feeding us from the stage mean nothing....and they have no hope...and cannot admit it to anyone.

JEHOVAH PLEASE JUST LET ARMAGEDDON COME!! they scream in their prayers.

So yes...the R&F cling to every little possibility that might mean their misery will end...even if it means dying.

When they changed the "definition" of the Generation in 1994...that was it for me. I saw then with the clarity of a man just healed of his blindness by Jesus Christ himself that the men leading this organization were liars and deceivers to the very depths of their souls and would stop at nothing to mislead their followers and retain their crowns.

To the JWs who remain I say "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!" Get OUT of her my people.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just had a thought --- let's assume that Armaggedon is actually coming this October...can you imagine what the child workers in some backwater Chinese sweatshop would think when the flaming blobs start coming down? They wouldn't even know that it was God who was destroying them - I guess they would think it was either the Russians, George W., or maybe the N. Koreans. Or maybe the work of the actual European fashion brands whose products they were busy knocking off...

But, I bet you they would be no more surprised than those louts on the Governing Body who were hyping this nonsense to sell their magazines.

I really don't think the majority of the power elite actually believe it is coming in their lifetime. It is, rather, a convenient teaching to keep them in power.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Well, I don't think this has been discussed so far so I'll take a guess at what the news might be. I think the time is coming when all who say they are JWs will be required to report service time. If you don't, you will be disfellowshipped, because you will not be considered as a "witness". I don't have any special insight, but I do know that for a few years now there has been an intense effort to re-activate those who have been in-active. Even a special brochure was released for this purpose. The fence sitting crowd is causing great problems for the Society. In fact it seems like a good number of posters on this board are of that crowd,including myself. It would be fitting for such an anouncement to be made in September since that is the start of the service year. The tract campaign might be a kickoff event to get people re-activated. And the mandate to report the number of tracts placed, might be used as a meter to measure the level of dedication of each reporter. The low number reporters could be targeted for "special help". I would expect them to give a time period like 6 months before the disfellowshiping for the offense of "not witnessing" would begin. During that time, elders might be increasing "sheparding" visits to those who don't report time. I think this arangement might have been alluded to in the last KM school the elders had from reports I've heard. Well,there you have it. My speculation for what it's worth. seek2find

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Logic would dictate...not that JWS think logically under any circumstances..that if armageddon was coming this fall, that all the unbelievers, the nonbelievers, the doubters, the inactive, the procrastinators, the luke warmers, the apostate-esque ones and their ilk...are all going to be turned into bird food anyway. So there wont be anybody left to brag to that they were "right". And so then all the lucky survivors will get to spend the next thousand years in a world full of only two faced, back stabbing, self important JWs like themselves, lead by an army of demi-god, ex-janitor elders who have to listen to the complaints about why there isnt any food or transportation and that the world stinks from all the rotting flesh and "hell NO I aint cleanin that up!" ....

yep...envision yourself in Paradise folks. Pray for it....wait for it.

• nowisee
    nowisee

(LovesDubs --------- you certainly do have a way with words! lol)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    He said that the society is trying to get everyone excited and pumped up for the last six months of the year so that the figures will be better for this year than they were for last year.

In other words, prepare for a mass burnout instead of a great tribulation.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    who so desperately want it all to just END already! God almighty, let it end
    JEHOVAH PLEASE JUST LET ARMAGEDDON COME!! they scream in their prayers.

So yes...the R&F cling to every little possibility that might mean their misery will end...even if it means dying

lol...your description of the psychological state of the r&f jw is one of the most accurate and dead-on I've read.

Axel

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Well, I don't think this has been discussed so far so I'll take a guess at what the news might be. I think the time is coming when all who say they are JWs will be required to report service time. If you don't, you will be disfellowshipped, because you will not be considered as a "witness". I don't have any special insight, but I do know that for a few years now there has been an intense effort to re-activate those who have been in-active. Even a special brochure was released for this purpose. The fence sitting crowd is causing great problems for the Society. In fact it seems like a good number of posters on this board are of that crowd,including myself. It would be fitting for such an anouncement to be made in September since that is the start of the service year. The tract campaign might be a kickoff event to get people re-activated. And the mandate to report the number of tracts placed, might be used as a meter to measure the level of dedication of each reporter. The low number reporters could be targeted for "special help". I would expect them to give a time period like 6 months before the disfellowshiping for the offense of "not witnessing" would begin. During that time, elders might be increasing "sheparding" visits to those who don't report time. I think this arangement might have been alluded to in the last KM school the elders had from reports I've heard. Well,there you have it. My speculation for what it's worth. seek2find

I have to say, out of everything I have read on this topic, seek2finds "theory" sounds like the most logical one. I just cannot believe the Society would stick their necks out for another date setting announcement for Armagedon. Look back at the havic that was caused by 1975. Now with the age of the internet, that kind of announcement, and failed prophecy, would surely shatter the organization.
    If you think about the above "theory", it makes sence. Anyone not putting in time of some kind, most likely has issues. Those issues, coupled with the access to the internet, is too dangerous to let go unchecked. Too many fence sitters as was brought out. Fence sitters who at anytime who could become lethal if they began to share their findings. And who indeed are...just look at them dropping out like flies!

The latest organization book which came out a couple of years ago said that a person who is not going to meetings or service would be considered no longer a witness. (something to that effect). Now, with that they can make the "announcement" just based on performance, not wrong doing. It all kind of fits together if you think about it. And it would coincide with Marys comment she got from her connections at Bethel, that confirmed a announcement, but that the GB is concerned the rank and file who have a problems with change may be effected by the announcement. Of course if it indeed goes down this way, the active rank and file will no doubt say, "See... there is no more sitting on the fence. You are either with us or your against us." Yet, isn't the LATEST teaching that the seperating of the sheep and the goats has not even started yet???? Isn't that supposed to happen AFTER the great tribulation?? Or during it??(help for watchtower confirmation anyone) I believe that is the latest belief. So the seperating they are doing is pre-Jesus seperation work I guess?? I think its a seperating those with knowledge from those who don't know whats really going on.

The whole "armagedon" is coming announcement is probably just rumor, that someone has started to get everyone hyped up. Who knows, maybe a "apostate" started it so that the rank and file would once again be disappointed, and wake up. Who knows! I just cannot help but think of that scripture, "No one knows the day or the hour, it will come as a theif in the night."

Sincerely,
    Lady Liberty

• seek2find
    seek2find

Correction: I should have said you would be considered as having disassociated yourself, kinda like a witness who takes a blood transfussion. That way it sounds like it the individuals fault instead of the orginazations. seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit