Shocking Announcement: Society feels Armaggedon coming this year?

by truthseeker 154 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

A rumor alert indeed, but it could be related to the distribution of Kingdom News No.37, "False Religions End Is Near."

The following is posted from E-Watchman's forum.

Make of it what you will, but in light of all the rhetoric about "Deliverance at Hand" and "Independent Thinking", nothing would surprise me anymore.

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1502&st=0 We posted about an announcement it was only local to our cong. However we have found out that there is going to be an announcement sometime in September and it is supposed to be shocking. Elders already know. So are their any elders out there who visit this site that could give us the heads up. I posted about 3 or 4 months ago about how a brother's friend went to the Gilead graduation and they were told that the Society feels Armageddon will be this year, could this be the shocking announcement. Whatever it is, it is supposed to be top secrect and unbelievable.

----------- I haven't heard anything either. There will be a Special Awake issue in September though. But this hardly can be the "announcement". ------------- I've heard the "special" Awake is on Creationism and is 'special' only in that they want the school children to place it with their teachers...kind of a kiddie special campaign. I do not have any concrete information...just chatter. ------------- This information is posted on another website. Apparently, this fall will mark the distribution of Kingdom News #37 (I think it was 37), entitled, "False Religions End Is Near!" It will be distributed between 10/16 and 11/12. Each publisher is to get 50 copies, and this time, we are supposed to track how many we place, and report it on our time slips. There will be an announcement at the the service meeting the week of September 18.
  • DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

the elders here do not know anything spectacular going to be announced in september yet....

DB

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

.....again!!!!!

• sir82
    sir82

My guess is that this "secret shocking" announcement is the September 18 announcement of the Kingdom News no. 37 campaign.

If this rumor takes off, there's going to be a lot of disappointed dubbies out there!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You'd think they'd know better than speculate by now. I am sure that January 1st 2007 will pass without armageddon.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think these are the usual mind tricks to keep the dubs motivated they have said numerous times that the big A is just round the corner in recent years and now they are making it more dramatic "a shocking announcement in September", there will probably be nothing announced during that month.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

OH it's just BS disguised as secret info. meant to keep the R&F on the edge of their seat and holding on for the "End is Near" Crap message yet AGAIN!!! the poor JW's are so bored that they have to do these BS special campaigns and BS special announcements to wake them up and hope that all of them won't just leave. The WTS is showing by all this, just how desperate they are.

IC

• under_believer
    under_believer

If any such announcement takes place, I'll eat my hat.
    And if "elders already know" but it hasn't leaked... I'll eat my left nut.
    No way.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Also from the same link...

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1502&st=20 Three months ago one of the GB gave a talk to a select few in Miami in Romanian and revealed the new light and said it will be released soon. The new light is that Jesus has a total of 7 comings in all. This is obviously their attempt to explain the 1914 "coming". That's all I know.

• dmouse
    dmouse

It depends on how you define 'special'. What is special to them will utterly bore us - like an announcment that there will be a 'special' one day assembly.

I don't think they would be so stupid as to announce Armageddon is here, that would really be shooting themselves in the foot. They will be looking to the long term as the upper echelons of the Org know Armageddon ain't coming anytime soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit