Shocking Announcement: Society feels Armaggedon coming this year?

by truthseeker 154 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

JH, because the WTS says this "bad" system is what is ending. The WTS will still have assemblies and use calendars in "paradise".

Blondie

• bythesea
    bythesea

At our last CO visit couple of months ago he insinuated that this summer could be our last District convention and that October would be a special month for JW's, as history has so often shown, he said......I tried to figure out what he was whetting the appetites for but it seemed to be just another attempt to get the r&f excited, not to miss any meetings for fear of not hearing something important.

I wondered if anyone else had CO's suggesting these things....? Anyone??

• Mary
    Mary
    At our last CO visit couple of months ago he insinuated that this summer could be our last District convention and that October would be a special month for JW's, as history has so often shown, he said......I wondered if anyone else had CO's suggesting these things....? Anyone??

Yep, our CO said that we should all be getting prepared for the Great Tribulation to break out at any------oh wait a minute! That was in 1974 when I was a kid! Sorry bout that!

• JH
    JH

Well, back in 1990 at an assembly, the speaker said that then end was NOT 10 years away !!!

Liar liar pants on fire....

• blondie
    blondie
    takes 11.86 Earth years for Jupiter to orbit the sun once

Maybe he was thinking of Jovian years.

Blondie

• glitter
    glitter

At our last CO visit couple of months ago he insinuated that this summer could be our last District convention

The congregation I "should" be attending just had their CO visit recently and an Elder I spoke to just told me the same thing about the Convention being the last one evah. I rolled my eyes as politely as I could and he shrugged and said "Well one of them has to be!" I said "Reaaallly?!" :D

I'm sure a lot of them think it, I'm sure that they think each Convention will be the last, I'm sure they think (as I used to) "What better place to be when the end comes".

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they declared the Great Tribulation had begun... This System of Thingsā„¢ is really starting to drag! :D

• blondie
    blondie
    I'm sure a lot of them think it, I'm sure that they think each Convention will be the last, I'm sure they think (as I used to) "What better place to be when the end comes".

Obviously, they think all 6.5 million JWs will be at the convention on the same weekend.

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Don't ya' just love these 'Big Announcement' deals that come down the Brooklyn Pike from time to time?

I recall a few years before wifey and I exited the cult, a 'special meeting' held in only 5 or six venues in the country. It was supposed to be very special. It followed the Annual Meeting in October, and was by congregational, or perhaps circuit, invitation only. Our congregation was invited to attend the one in Pontiac Michigan at the Silverdome. The date was October something, 2001. The most exciting part of the whole thing was sitting in the parking lot and watching the security guys on the roof watching for planes, in the post 9-11 atmosphere of fear.

Inside, I was approached by an 'attendant' and asked if I was carrying a secret recorder in my briefcase. I wasn't. No worry, the whole thing was a ploy to build excitement. I kept waiting the whole day for the 'special' part. It never came. Just two of the GB, giving talk after talk that said nothing new at all.

When we returned, I asked many publishers what was the big deal - no one seemed to know - they just smiled and walked away looking very robotic and happy that they had been invited. I actually hated the whole experience.

I suspect this is more of the same hype with no actual 'meat in due season' attached.

Jeff

• Undecided
    Undecided

It could happen any day now when some natural disaster happens, like the Yosemite park volcano blowing up, or an asteriod or something. I kind of think it might be due anytime now.

Ken P.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"watching the security guys on the roof watching for planes, in the post 9-11 atmosphere of fear."

ROFL, what did they think they were gonna do if they saw a plane approach? Scramble the fighter jets?!! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit