Shocking Announcement: Society feels Armaggedon coming this year?

by truthseeker 154 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    Enochrodofiron, are you a satirist or a nutjob?

LMAO Jeffro....like the guys gonna say.."I'm a nutjob". Gumby....who's glad he ain't a nutjob, but rather a nut bag buffer/shinner buisnessman

• JH
    JH

Well, if it comes this year, it's about time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• juni
    juni
    Gumby....who's glad he ain't a nutjob, but rather a nut bag buffer/shinner buisnessman

Ain't gonna touch it!!

Juni

I forgot something. Does the announcement also say we can take the plants home after the D.A.?

Warlock

Only if you promise to sing Kingdom Melodies to them Warlock. Juni

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

<Has been Enoch-culated from nutjobs>

Been there. Done that. Got *that* stanky T-shirt and gave it to da Goo-Will.

CG

• Phil
    Phil

Mary, Mary, Mary,

Most of the people of the 1914 era are gone to la la land and the servivors of the 1975 thingee are too old and indoctrinated to change. THe remailning relatively new members, by and large have not experienced one of these revalations. I forsee the effects of any new armagedon date will have a minimal effect on the membership. THis is a personal observation of all the encounters I have had with the JWs.THe true followers are sheep and will continue to follow the shepard over a cliff if he wishes. THe JWs are so well entrenched over the century, the only thing that will shake them is if God appears and tells them all their belief system is all wet. And even then........

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Enochrodofiron - I will be shocked if anybody read your whole post-total waste of bandwidth. If you want to make a point ,short , sharp sentences that are readable have the most impact. Read Sir Winston Churchills speeches

• steve2
    steve2

One hopes for the excessively-winded "Enoch-Paragraphs" to end the way JWs hope for the world to end: In vain

• calico
    calico

Let's do a survey--did anyone read all of that!

Well, I don't think this has been discussed so far so I'll take a guess at what the news might be. I think the time is coming when all who say they are JWs will be required to report service time. If you don't, you will be disfellowshipped, because you will not be considered as a "witness". I don't have any special insight, but I do know that for a few years now there has been an intense effort to re-activate those who have been in-active. Even a special brochure was released for this purpose. The fence sitting crowd is causing great problems for the Society. In fact it seems like a good number of posters on this board are of that crowd,including myself. It would be fitting for such an anouncement to be made in September since that is the start of the service year. The tract campaign might be a kickoff event to get people re-activated. And the mandate to report the number of tracts placed, might be used as a meter to measure the level of dedication of each reporter. The low number reporters could be targeted for "special help". I would expect them to give a time period like 6 months before the disfellowshiping for the offense of "not witnessing" would begin. During that time, elders might be increasing "sheparding" visits to those who don't report time. I think this arangement might have been alluded to in the last KM school the elders had from reports I've heard. Well,there you have it. My speculation for what it's worth. seek2find
    Interesting idea--there sure would be a lot of disfellowshippings! It would take up a whole part on the meeting just to announce them all!
  • SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

apologeez if i'm repeating anyone elses sentiment
    as i haven't time to read this 7 page thread
    but here it is (my take):

this is pure bullshit fear mongering mind control

(based on their own beliefs...wherein only the father and not even the son knows the day or hour....tho it doesn't say the year...LOL pffft)

probably just as russell wuz into "occult" practises (the whole pyramid fiasco)
    maybe the jdub fortune tellers are into astrology (the mayan calendar ends this year in December and the planets align then too.....ooooooo, maybe it's the end of the world....PUH-leeeze).....

try not to lose sleep over it

try also not to encourage others (particularly the vulnerable) to lose sleep over it. please. :)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Jesus Herbert Christ!!!

I'll take JCanon any day over this guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit