Ooooooohhhh...My "unofficial" DA letter...yup...got it in the paper!!

by HadEnuf 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

WOW, thanks Cathy, for being SO BRAVE and doing what so many are afraid to do.

A constant battle in my mind and heart is the need I feel to expose the WTS for what it is so as to help my family versus the need I feel to protect myself from the inevitable shunning that will occur if I do speak up.

Very often I feel selfish for fading. THANK YOU, Cathy, for writing such a wonderful letter and having it published.

• Frog
    Frog

Awesome letter HadEnuf, in such a great style too! Like other's have already said, I hope that you found the whole experience really liberating, afterall it is the truth that will set you free! (lol).

much luv, and praise, sis frog x

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi Cathy... great letter !!!!! You are an inspiration to many who are still nervous to speak out against the org(including myself)

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Congratulations are in order. Wow, what a superb letter with all those catchy statements, such as, "Human rights went out the back door, the same one I walked out of five years ago." Oh, how I wish I could have said that. And, oh, how I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the elders discuss that letter. You made my day!
    Barbara

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Fantastic letter Cathy.

This is an organization that thrives on it's members fears. If the eldes call on you just look them in the eye and take your stand.

If you are half as brave as your letter implies, they will wet their pants and run out.

• outnfree
    outnfree

WOO HOO!!!! Just wanted to add yet another "Well Done!!!" to this thread! Great letter, Cathy!

• delilah
    delilah

Awesome letter, Cathy!! Keep us posted......

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I think they must have had quite a discussion whether or not to print this. As I said before...I submitted it May 25 and they finally printed it June 20. I have written open letters before...so they do know me (kind of a love/hate thing). The other letters were usually published within a week of sending them. They were mostly humorous comments on life in general. So this one must have been "up for discussion". I was thrilled when they actually printed it.

Now as for what I am going to do when the elders come hunting for some fresh blood...the hubster and I are at odds with each other on how it should be handled...when the time comes. (Oh...and it will come because they just can't ignore THAT letter)! I think that I will ignore them (they don't have our unlisted phone number)...except if they threaten to DF me by letter. Then I'll threaten them with a lawsuit for slander and promise them I'll give them more than a "letter to the Editor" if they want to do that. I can just let that letter feed off of itself until our local area knows what Jehovah's Witnesses REALLY are...not the sugar-coated version they get from the JW's at their door. My husband wants them to apologize for the "marking" of my son, done without any warning, a couple of nights before his wedding. LIKE THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AND IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE A THING. But he would never go back anyway...so what's the point.

I'm not afraid. I'm ready for a fight. Oooohhh...I got my dukes up and I'm dancing around and ready to throw a few punches.

Yeah.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Stehphanus-Theocratic warfare won't work here. Cathy is related to almost the entire elder body AND the congregation. (Or the majority of it! LOL)

Doh!

• bem
    bem

HooRah,, Kathy I join the rest of the gang in saying great letter and job well done, even if you get feedback from the R&F you at least know your heart and mind isn't that a wonderful feeling?

Dorothy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit